• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Football is coming home, Euro 2024 Final, England v Spain(Sunday 8pm)

I think Kane is done at international level. Rooney knew when it was the right time maybe Kane will see that now?

To be fair it's not Kane, it's Southgate. Play front foot football, attacking and get lots of touches in and around the box and Kane will get goals. Play defensive and expect Kane to be your counter attacking outball and you get what happened here.

The way the Spanish keep the ball, win the ball, lightening quick one touch passes, it was like they were playing a different game. Southgate is a great fella but possibly not brave enough for that kind of game.

He got bailed out a few times by stones and Pickford when he let players run off him. Don’t think he was bad at all, but just a bit underwhelming.
For a player that every man and his dog were moaning about and calling him the weak link pre tournament he did pretty well. Stones was “ bailed out’ a few times, sometimes by Guehi, teamwork and all that.

International football is a lower level than top club football though.

He's just had an amazing season in Germany, there were no signs that he was going to be like this in the Euros

I think he must be carrying a knock or have some fitness issues.
Surely if you’re struggling with your fitness you take yourself out of it for the good of the team though?

He's just had an amazing season in Germany, there were no signs that he was going to be like this in the Euros

I presume he must be carrying a knock or have some fitness issues because it's odd to see someone fall off so hard in the space of a few weeks.
No signs ? He was terrible in every game of the Euros but Southgate wasn't brave enough to make the call

I presume he must be carrying a knock or have some fitness issues because it's odd to see someone fall off so hard in the space of a few weeks.

Just think it’s a tactical thing. In Bayern and Spurs he has players stretching the defence so he can come deep and then arrive late to finish pull backs. Problem for England is Foden Bellingham Kane and Saka all want to play in the same position. Palmer and Eze want to be there too. Should have been brave enough to bench a big name and if you’re building around Kane put him at false 9 with two quick wingers and a striker ahead of him. We just had no one running behind

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back