• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Football is coming home, Euro 2024 Final, England v Spain(Sunday 8pm)

Does this put Rodri in the B'alon dor talk or will the UCL clinch it for Vinicus?

Is the UCL worth more then the Euros? I mean Rodri won the treble last year and got no way near lol.

Vinicius has been shocking for Brazil this year if we are factoring in international form. I'd go for Rodri if international form is a factor.

Southgate deserves credit for what he has done with England - but England are a poorer team now than in the last Euros with arguably better players. The route to this final was torturous, fortunate and against average sides until the final.

In the whole this is still a very young England team with supremely talented players and somebody else needs a shot at unlocking the talent.

I agree with this. Overall, Southgate has been great for England - he’s restored belief in the England national team, given us some amazing memories, but ultimately came up short. I don’t agree with the shouts that he’s just been lucky. You don’t get to back to back Euro Finals and a WC semi just through luck.

But looking forward, I have no idea who could replace him. There is no obvious name that springs to mind, but we can’t afford to waste this generation of players with limited tactics. With more tactical nouse, I genuinely believe England could’ve walked this tournament and even swept Spain aside in the Final.

Felt like the world, especially pundits and even English ones were willing for Pickford to make a balls of it and cost them the tournament over the last few weeks

He was pretty good even if you’ll find it hard to extract any praise for him

Dunno where all the Southgate hate is coming from. Just about all international managers are fairly limited. Sven never got this much hate and he was far less successful

Cant really think of anyone in the country who felt kane should have been starting. Except him. I think everyone was right aswell. Needed some legs up there to at least be an outlet. Kane offered nothing so badly.
He'll be remembered for being far to stubborn.

I actually believe Rodri is the best player in world football.

I’ve always been a sucker for a top drawer central midfielder though.
They won the game because he went off. You know he went off right? It would be hard to tell because he actually did the same amount in the second half as the first.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back