Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Former Everton Managers discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can. Wigan fluked winning the FA cup in 2013, the s##te fluked winning the champions league in 04-05 and Lecicster City fluked tbe premier league with an amazing combination of luck and nobody else showing up at the races. They dramatically ovoverachieved that season and fluked the title.

Like RS used to get a lot of penalties. Ref + unbelievable luck = fluke.

Yes you can. Wigan fluked winning the FA cup in 2013, the s##te fluked winning the champions league in 04-05 and Lecicster City fluked tbe premier league with an amazing combination of luck and nobody else showing up at the races. They dramatically ovoverachieved that season and fluked the title.

Sorry but that's rubbish. To win any competition you have to turn up for the majority of the games involved and one way or another get the job done. Generally the best team that season wins the league. As for the cup, yeah the best team may not always win but you have to beat what is put in front of you. As for nobody else showing up, the winners showing up shows that it is not a fluke.

Our point is alleging that Martinez is a fraud while our friend Dave banging on 72 points and ignoring all his other shortcoming that's is the difference. Won 21 games in 2 seasons combined. That is his true colours.

Oh really? You really didn't make that point clear!

I'm not bothered about the silly rivalry between you lot and Davek, I'm not overly concerned about the mildly disturbing hatred of all things Martinez, all I am saying is that you don't fluke trophies and seasons. Every season is different and things change between them.

Sorry but that's rubbish. To win any competition you have to turn up for the majority of the games involved and one way or another get the job done. Generally the best team that season wins the league. As for the cup, yeah the best team may not always win but you have to beat what is put in front of you. As for nobody else showing up, the winners showing up shows that it is not a fluke.
I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree then because you can fluke the league as far as I'm concerned and Leicester did it. It takes nothing away from a magnificent achievement but it was a fluke. Just like it was a fluke when Newcastle finished fifth for a single season under Pardrew, it was fluke with West Ham last season and it was fluke for Martinez in his first season here. Lecicster City winning the Prem was the mother of all flukes.

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree then because you can fluke the league as far as I'm concerned and Leicester did it. It takes nothing away from a magnificent achievement but it was a fluke. Just like it was a fluke when Newcastle finished fifth for a single season under Pardrew, it was fluke with West Ham last season and it was fluke for Martinez in his first season here. Lecicster City winning the Prem was the mother of all flukes.

Indeed.

Still wrong mind. :p

I am more annoyed that I have vaguely defended the RS whilst discussing this. I feel dirty now.

We were relegation fodder for the best part of a decade before he arrived, transformed us into best of the rest regular top six contenders. Built two good sides and reached a cup final along with a couple of semi finals and had a decent run in europe. COMPARITIVE success Dave, he took over the club in a state and left it in a better shape when he moved on. His first seven years wasn't a failure but his last four was. I called for Moyes to be sacked for the last four seasons he was here but I see no reason to dismiss the good things he did, because unlike the moron who took over Moyes, he actually did some good here.

Dave's just argued Pullis has been successful due getting a group of championship players (his words) to mid table mediocrity in another thread.

Dave's gone, heads totally gone, he doesn't even realise half the things he's posting now. Give him a bit of rope.

Dave's just argued Pullis has been successful due getting a group of championship players (his words) to mid table mediocrity in another thread.

Dave's gone, heads totally gone, he doesn't even realise half the things he's posting now. Give him a bit of rope.

He's like a parrot at this stage.72 points 72 points!Talk about the needle being stuck on the same groove.

Oh really? You really didn't make that point clear!

I'm not bothered about the silly rivalry between you lot and Davek, I'm not overly concerned about the mildly disturbing hatred of all things Martinez, all I am saying is that you don't fluke trophies and seasons. Every season is different and things change between them.

Nothing can be argued about. It was 5th nothing more nothing less. An expected good first season but he was out of his depth thereafter.

Nothing can be argued about. It was 5th nothing more nothing less. An expected good first season but he was out of his depth thereafter.

So its not a fluke if it is expected right?

Besides it was a decent first season I would say, good is pushing it. Its good when we win something.

So its not a fluke if it is expected right?

Besides it was a decent first season I would say, good is pushing it. Its good when we win something.

Typing error. It was unexpected not expected.

The majority of the team was a Moyes team and the defending drill was still there. The team was 6th back in May 2013 so if you ask me the question I believe it was a fluke in Martinez terms. You see the real Martinez team in 2014-2016.

Typing error. It was unexpected not expected.

The majority of the team was a Moyes team and the defending drill was still there. The team was 6th back in May 2013 so if you ask me the question I believe it was a fluke in Martinez terms. You see the real Martinez team in 2014-2016.

Believe what you want. Assuming that teams can have fluke seasons is just wrong. Every season/competition can be judged on its individual merits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back