Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Former Everton Managers discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were relegation fodder for the best part of a decade before he arrived, transformed us into best of the rest regular top six contenders. Built two good sides and reached a cup final along with a couple of semi finals and had a decent run in europe. COMPARITIVE success Dave, he took over the club in a state and left it in a better shape when he moved on. His first seven years wasn't a failure but his last four was. I called for Moyes to be sacked for the last four seasons he was here but I see no reason to dismiss the good things he did, because unlike the moron who took over Moyes, he actually did some good here.

Last edited:
Hey, hey, hey hey HEY...

david-moyes_2641120b.jpg

Shiny 'tings...

Ha, I dont count him as winning that as it wasn't his team who won the league/cup to get them to that (friendly) game.

I bet he eats his dinner on it and everything.

We were relegation fodder for the best part of a decade before he arrived, transformed us into best of the rest regular top six contenders. Built two good sides and reached a cup final along with a couple of semi finals and had a decent run in europe. COMPARITIVE success Dave, he took over the club in a state and left it in a better shape when he moved on. His first seven years wasn't a failure but his last four was. I called for Moyes to be sacked for the last four seasons he was here but I see no reason to dismiss the good things he did, because unlike the moron who took over Moyes, he actually did some good here.

We have been through this many a time.

To say Martinez did no good at all is churlish at best. He may not be your cup of tea but Lukaku, along with the development of Stones and Barkley gave us around 150M of talent.

And judging by the fact that after he left we were back were we were before he got here I would say the damage he had done is massively exaggerated.

Dont get me wrong..damage COULD have been done. But in the end..it simply wasn't.

We have been through this many a time.

To say Martinez did no good at all is churlish at best. He may not be your cup of tea but Lukaku, along with the development of Stones and Barkley gave us around 150M of talent.

And judging by the fact that after he left we were back were we were before he got here I would say the damage he had done is massively exaggerated.

Dont get me wrong..damage COULD have been done. But in the end..it simply wasn't.
Your right mate. We've had the discussion time and again and my view hasn't altered. I think Martinez a massive failure and an extremely poor manager who damaged us and was well on his way to destroying us, all in the name of his little vanity project. As you quite rightly point out he didn't in the end because he didn't get the chance to. I can't see either one of us changing our stance at this stage, I think the rage against Moyes for his time here is laughable and his first seven years were far from a failure but others clearly don't see it that way. Fair enough, everyone is entield to their opinion and mine is Martinez did very little good here and the few sprinkles of good aren't enough to even come close to defending the long list of bad he did.

Your right mate. We've had the discussion time and again and my view hasn't altered. I think Martinez a massive failure and an extremely poor manager who damaged us and was well on his way to destroying us, all in the name of his little vanity project. As you quite rightly point out he didn't in the end because he didn't get the chance to. I can't see either one of us changing our stance at this stage, I think the rage against Moyes for his time here is laughable and his first seven years were far from a failure but others clearly don't see it that way. Fair enough, everyone is entield to their opinion and mine is Martinez did very little good here and the few sprinkles of good aren't enough to even come close to defending the long list of bad he did.

Yes as I have said, Moyes had done a lot more than the fraud to this club. He stabilised the club at the right time.

Last two managers would never have come out with "we targeted to be best of the rest and we have succeeded in being so this season".

Pathetic.

Yes as I have said, Moyes had done a lot more than the fraud to this club. He stabilised the club at the right time.
Exacally, people will say he didn't win anything. Well we didn't bring him in to win anything If truth be told. He was brought in to stop the rot and save the club from walking off the edge of a cliff and ending up like Leeds. He did that and continued to build us up successfully until the end of 2008-09 when he cost us the cup final, finished fifth for the second season rumning and reached his glass ceiling. From then onwards I wanted him out but that takes nothing away from his first seven seasons. Even his last four years were far from a disaster and much better then the dross served up in the last two season's!

Last edited:

No Dave, the last manager would of said we were aiming to win the league and then had us finished 15th!

Laughable.

That's make people call him a fraud. He's a superb liar (will get u CL but proved he had no such ability) who is v v good at interviews.

72 points
21 wins
= PL records for the club that wont be beaten for a decade or more.

^^^ The rocks that your flimsy craft smashes aground on.

72 points
21 wins
= PL records for the club that wont be beaten for a decade or more.

^^^ The rocks that your flimsy craft smashes aground on.
12 home league wins in two season's. Worst home win league record of any Everton manager. Nothing flimsy about it Dave. Martinez was an embarrassment who fluked a decent little debut season and won nothing.

12 home league wins in two season's. Worst home win league record of any Everton manager. Nothing flimsy about it Dave. Martinez was an embarrassment who fluked a decent little debut season and won nothing.

Record books dont tell lies mate. You dont "fluke" 38 games.

The record will be there until this manager now re-writes it.

*laughs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back