Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Former Everton Managers discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all nonsense mate. All fluff. Inconsequential. History can just as easily point to portrayals like this:

zzPROP140412-032-Sunderland_Everton.jpg

...and this...

Everton+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+m1zfvNj4Ok-l.jpg

They all fall by the wayside though when the data is added up and the words in the history books written. And it will just state this:

"Roberto got off to a great first season when records were set for the club in the Premier League, as the Spaniard brought in a more possession based football style. Unfortunately, that standard could not be maintained and performances by and large in the following two seasons in the Premier League were disappointing. Though good runs in cup competitions domestically and in Europe offset that poor league form, Roberto and the club agreed to part company at the end of his third season in the Goodison Park hotseat."

An anodyne and safe assessment avoiding controversy (as they always do) and not without a large chunk of factual content.

In short: there is the history of Everton under Martinez which you and your cohorts would prefer to see written up, then there's the reality based on truth and conservative respectability.
That banner was so cringeworthy it's unbelievable (the solo lo mejor one). I told you, the school of science reopening was the inconsequential part when you open it and it turns out you have no idea how to run it, you're a [Poor language removed] teacher and you do everything wrong.

He had one good season, coincidentally with Moyes' defensive core. That's that. After all his true colours/abilities showed and he wanted to sign Elmohamady. ELMOHAMADY for god's sake, David. You're slating our current manager, who you blindly hate, for wanting to sign "a Dutch no mark" despite that "no mark" having a decent record, but you're turning a blind eye to your favourite person in the universe trying to sign a player relegated more times than Chico's mar's been around town ffs!

Assuming that's from evertonfc.com? As if the club would commit PR suicide and admit their mistake. It wasn't an "agreement to part company with", he was fired for god's sake. Every other source has him as fired, every media outlet, even wikipedia says there were problems and protests when he got fired.

PMSL at "me and my cohorts" though. I'm glad to be one of the 99.9% of Evertonians out there who saw Bobert for what he truly was. Thanks :)

Also talk to me about reality, shame I'm at work (and even if I wasn't I really cba with this bullcrap), otherwise I'd link you to your extremely stupid statements in that last season, including "the statue of Dixie should be replaced with a Martinez one", a personal fave.

Comparing Hodgson who has had 30 years of International management with Martinez who has had one year is totally pointless surely?

I have said loads I had no objections to Martinez going but flying planes (be it for a manager or a chairman) is not very Everton for me. Or wasn't anyway.
It's not, but we, as a fanbase, had to show our true feelings somehow, right?

If you want to compare wildly different timescales then fine. It's still pointless, especially the Hodgson one.
I was directly comparing one achievement. Dave suggested (repeatedly) that Martinez is doing quite well in the qualifiers and I pointed out that Roy Hodgson had a perfect qualification record while England boss. Its a ligitimate point. Just as me saying Bobby Gould winning an FA cup didn't make him a good manager either.

I was directly comparing one achievement. Dave suggested (repeatedly) that Martinez is doing quite well in the qualifiers and I pointed out that Roy Hodgson had a perfect qualification record while England boss. Its a ligitimate point. Just as me saying Bobby Gould winning an FA cup didn't make him a good manager either.
I have a strong feeling that you're wasting your time.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

It's all nonsense mate. All fluff. Inconsequential. History can just as easily point to portrayals like this:

zzPROP140412-032-Sunderland_Everton.jpg

...and this...

Everton+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+m1zfvNj4Ok-l.jpg

They all fall by the wayside though when the data is added up and the words in the history books written. And it will just state this:

"Roberto got off to a great first season when records were set for the club in the Premier League, as the Spaniard brought in a more possession based football style. Unfortunately, that standard could not be maintained and performances by and large in the following two seasons in the Premier League were disappointing. Though good runs in cup competitions domestically and in Europe offset that poor league form, Roberto and the club agreed to part company at the end of his third season in the Goodison Park hotseat."

An anodyne and safe assessment avoiding controversy (as they always do) and not without a large chunk of factual content.

In short: there is the history of Everton under Martinez which you and your cohorts would prefer to see written up, then there's the reality based on a mixture of truth and conservative respectability.

Your banners and evidences showing your hero who was having a good time lasted for one season.

The banners and evidences showing RM was a poor manager lasted for two seasons. Said it all.

Martinez won nothing at Everton. He had one good season but had two horrendous seasons afterwards. Put your facts on the balance and a sane individual will judge which side is better than the other.

It's utterly pathetic.

As if anybody didn't know the sentiment already.

That was putting pressure on him to walk via the help from the media. The thing was the deluded RM thought there was no problem on him otherwise he would have resigned and not taken that massive pay-off from the club.

That was putting pressure on him to walk via the help from the media. The thing was the deluded RM thought there was no problem on him otherwise he would have resigned and not taken that massive pay-off from the club.

Why on earth would he do that?

This is getting a bit silly now.

And a plane did nothing to put pressure or or highlight anything. It probably just resulted in people thinking "why has that idiot paid for a plane to complain about a football manager?" Its crazy weird behavior when you think of it.

Why on earth would he do that?

This is getting a bit silly now.

And a plane did nothing to put pressure or or highlight anything. It probably just resulted in people thinking "why has that idiot paid for a plane to complain about a football manager?" Its crazy weird behavior when you think of it.

If he had a bit of dignity he should have resigned. Come on looked at the result it was pretty obvious why he was sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back