2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Potter rejected us, you dont blame him really, who wants to come in to this?

I think the next manager we have is Steve Cooper which is inline with Thelwells 5 at the back philosophy.

That`s for another day, I want Frank to be successful but I`m not sure he can get consistent results playing that 5-2-3 so unless that changes....

I’m not calling for Frank being fired yet, and usually I think we have been screwed by limited options hiring in-season. That said there’s a case the available coaches right now are very intriguing. And if a removal is being considered or plausible this season you do want to be first to the options. A list I think that could be better than the likes of Cooper.

Name a few Marco Rose, Adi Hutter and Pepe Bordalas i’d all be really engaged with. If the position was vacant and we added Rose I would be far more optimistic then I am currently. That’s worth noting and ultimately is in part a reflection of my belief in Frank.

Ultimately I’m glad his job is not under serious scrutiny before the end of the window. To the extent he has more sway over signings the last thing we need is signings justified on job saving. It comes down to Thelwell having the larger vision and personally the coming months.

I’m not really arsed about the manager. We seem to play the same limp, uninteresting and outdated football under anybody. The only recent managers who were any different were Allardyce because he does what he does and Benitez who made us worse

When was that mate, as far as I know, we`ve never approached him ?

We've approached him twice, he wanted it twice both times

He got a new contract after one of the approaches to ward off further interest. Pretty sure he's got a few Scousers on his backroom staff who were saying he was deffo coming at one point.

If lampard goes then the board win again. The comments in this thread just show how out of touch with reality lots of you are.

We have a bottom 3 squad and people want the manager changed. Any wonder nothing ever changes at this club.
Thats the point isnt it? We dont have a bottom 3 squad, they are just being played in a way we look like that... wins last season against Chelsea, Leicester, Man Utd, Leeds, Newcastle and Crystal Palace suggest we have more than we think.

The 5 man defence and 2 man central midfield has never suited us and never will...

I feel like this has been said through a lot of poor results and general lack of improvement. Our expectations have taken a battering since Benitez.
I’m seeing improvements, the options at the back, midfield and more incoming. Too early to start talking like this. This squad has been bad for a while, we have sacked manager after manager, which obviously hasn’t worked. A huge part of where we are are is down to recruitment. It’s time to rebuild and recruit player sensibly. We still have, what 10 days in the transfer window?

We've approached him twice, he wanted it twice both times

He got a new contract after one of the approaches to ward off further interest. Pretty sure he's got a few Scousers on his backroom staff who were saying he was deffo coming at one point.

Don't remember that at all...it was all talk coming from our side. Fair play if it came out of his mouth but I don't remember that being the case.

I’m seeing improvements, the options at the back, midfield and more incoming. Too early to start talking like this. This squad has been bad for a while, we have sacked manager after manager, which obviously hasn’t worked. A huge part of where we are are is down to recruitment. It’s time to rebuild and recruit player sensibly. We still have, what 10 days in the transfer window?
Sacking manager after manager has worked in terms of keeping us away from relegation. Hiring Rafael was the issue.

Thats the point isnt it? We dont have a bottom 3 squad, they are just being played in a way we look like that... wins last season against Chelsea, Leicester, Man Utd, Leeds, Newcastle and Crystal Palace suggest we have more than we think.

The 5 man defence and 2 man central midfield has never suited us and never will...

I think the whole "blame the players" argument can no longer be used in the same way you could in the previous few managers.

The chief suspects of Keane, Coleman, Siggurdsson, Godfrey and Gomes haven't really been on the pitch to cost us with daft mistakes and Holgate has benefited so far from having experience around him.

Mykolenko
Patterson
McNeil
Gordon
Onana
Tarks
Coady

All relatively new additions to the first team this season and parts of last. You could argue the actual quality of these players but attitude wise they are miles better than the limp dross who downed tools soon as we lost a game.

Lampard essentially has a near enough new starting 11 minus DCL, Pickford, and improved Iwobi & Holgate.

He has to show he can work with what he's been given otherwise he'll be managing QPR in the fizzy pop league before too long.

We do have a bottom 3 squad.

We absolutely do currently. We have the worst forward options in the league.

Why you referring to last year anyway? Did you not notice we sold our best player (key to those wins) without a replacement

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.