2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi would still be bad if he played the wrong position. Please go join @MaupsGoat in the positions don't matter club if that's what you're feeling.
Lad’s a winger, he’s not performed anywhere like a winger thus far considering his best traits are his crossing and set plays

Iwobi was a central midfielder who couldn’t/wouldn’t adapt to playing as a winger or wing back

Think we needed 20 points before the World Cup. It’s looking like we will probably get somewhere between 15-18 points.
Anything less than 15 points before the World Cup will be of huge concern.

Played probably the third best side in the league away where we have a terrible record at.

First half tactically spot on, limited them to pretty much nothing and had two absolutely clear cut chances where we should have scored from at least once.

Second half they cut out the counter well but still took a howler from Pickford then a pen to crack us, after we went behind they killed the game effectively and played typical Conte ball.

Deserved loss but if we take one if those chances it changes the game completely, spurs are completely different when chasing a game to when they're ahead.

Can't knock the tactics at all, or the subs really, To din aside - and Mcneil po rob should have been pulled around 60 as all game long spurs knew exactly what he was trying and it killed us on progressing play

We are so poor going forward and that has been the case in almost every game this season. The front 4 are nowhere near good enough, but you could put a world class player in there and they'd still struggle due to how isolated they are. Gordon, McNeil and Gray often have to beat 2 or 3 men just to retain possession.

These tactics have made us better defensively but at a cost. The 3 centre mids are usually very deep. Onana breaks the lines on the rare occasion, but not enough to be a real option, and Coleman and Mykolenko actively avoid the ball. Using Maupay as a lone striker has been painful too. Lampard needs to find a way to change this without us becoming open.

Spurs have had their best start since 1963, are (now) sitting third in the league and were at home. Genuinely, what did people expect from yesterday?

In the first half, we were more than in the game and could (should) have scored at least one and took the lead. They scored from an error and a deflection.

Offensively, there are concerns and we need to address them, but this whole knee-jerk talk of relegation and whatnot isn't realistic in my humble opinion.

We've played United and Spurs, who are both big teams and in form. If we can pick up some wins before the WC, we could easily be back in the top half.

I know that last season has imbedded a level of concern within the fan base, but we're a differernt team this year.

Set up as we should at this point in time against a "scab 6 side", initial mistake from Pickford affords them the game then we go and chase. Thought we looked comfortable for a 0-0.

Hate to agree with @TheBigIguana but going out to nick a point without a plan to get at the opposition and try to win is not sustainable in the long run. If Gray or Onana score today we would still have lost exactly like last week. Both teams are better than us yes, but they both had midweek games in europe and we never laid a glove on either. Midweek Newcastle is a huge game.

Why is it a huge game mate after 10 matches? Nowhere near half way through a season?

I didn’t expect anything last night and I understand what people mean about games against united and spurs not being the benchmark. Unfortunately when you only pick up 3 points from games against forest, villa, Brentford and Leeds, the pressure builds to pick up the slack elsewhere. A point a game and less than a goal a game at this stage is concerning, it’s not panic territory but it can very quickly turn into that if we don’t start to pick up.

Why is it a huge game mate after 10 matches? Nowhere near half way through a season?
Because games are worth the same amount of points whatever stage of the season they come at? The fan’s goodwill etc will very quickly start to drop away if we find ourselves in the relegation zone so I’d agree that the next few games are ‘huge’ in the sense that people will stop buying into what we’re doing and the positivity that’s been generated will disappear if it starts to look like another emperors new clothes scenario.

Because games are worth the same amount of points whatever stage of the season they come at? The fan’s goodwill etc will very quickly start to drop away if we find ourselves in the relegation zone so I’d agree that the next few games are ‘huge’ in the sense that people will stop buying into what we’re doing and the positivity that’s been generated will disappear if it starts to look like another emperors new clothes scenario.

With a fanbase like that then we deserve to go down in my book.

We're rebuilding. All the elements aren't there. The minute the fans turn having learned nothing from the past 7 years, then we just need to be liquidated fast IMO.

We're not in free fall. We're a very solid team lacking a cutting edge. We've lost 4 games, 3 against teams miles ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.