2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been huge improvement in the premier league this season.
Leicester for me is the only game we have lost where we well beat.

There hasn't really been any improvement from a points perspective. We may be conceding fewer goals but we are so toothless in attack that we are creating fewer chances than when we had under Walter Smith and Sam Allardyce. The 'huge improvement' line is a total myth. We remain threatened with relegation, same as last year.

Would bring new levels of toxicity to a match day that would for sure finish us off. We’d finish rock bottom if we brought him back.
Which would absolutely be what Moshiri would do because we tried to stop him appointing Benitez and did stop him appointing Pereira. Bringing back Martinez after he fails at a tournament yet again with Belgium’s golden generation would be the final insult

We obviously don't know what is happening inside the club so we can't say they are or aren't taking the appropriate steps. But a competently run club would have realized we could reach a place where a change was necessary weeks ago and started doing the necessary leg work to hire someone actually qualified and ready to run the first team. If they have been doing this the trigger needs to be pulled. You're basically starting a second preseason and the new man can use that time to be up and running with whatever he wants to do by Boxing Day.

The more likely scenario is that we haven't done this. And that leaves us with three paths that I can see: Frank stays. Given the work done so far, including his inability to put together a preseason that actually built toward an end goal of how we wanted to play, I can't see that going well. We'll come back in a month the same as we are now.

Second is we sack him now and hire someone quickly to give them the most time we can over this break. That of course probably ends with us hiring some England based retread. Maybe we get lucky with that. Far more likely is we hire another person who will need to be sacked in 6 to 18 months.

And then third is we take the time to actually do the work and make a good hire. That wouldn't be the end of the world and is what I'd like to see us do. The problems there are first that we lose the advantage that this second preseason brings and then also that last time we took time to make a hire we ended up on Lampard.

It's just a bad spot once again and no one at the club gives me faith that we'll work our way out of it.

Totally agree, what's your instinct as to what will happen? And what do you think we should do?

I don’t think Lampard warrants sacking at this stage because the defence has looked solid when he have Coady and Tarkowski in it and they’ll play on Saturday.

The problem is the attack and that’s not down to Lampard is down to us having poor/no options because we could only do so much in the summer.

No manager is going to make Gray a world beater or Maupay a lethal striker. The only name from that list I’d be interested in is Tuchel and I don’t think he would come here given our current state.

superb

Top 4 wouldn’t go near us, middle two aren’t leaving the reigning European champions and European football for here

Bielsa bombed in the top flight with Leeds, AVB got the sack from both Spurs and Chelsea

Marcelino, Sousa and Seoane would be gambles, less so Kovac and Frank would be nuts to leave Brentford

Leaving Moyes who would probably swerve us anyway for snubbing bringing him back twice

Basically you are guessing. Would you have said Carlo would come? Money talks, throw enough cash and 90% of managers Would start to believe in a project

To be honest if he was to go this really is the best season to do it isn't it with the world cup break.
Indeed. 6 weeks with no PL games is plenty of time even for slow coaches Everton to find a suitable replacement. Not sure they are capable though, club is just so badly ran from the top down. I never expected Frank to be this bad though tbh. In over his head trying to polish something that is incapable of shining.

He’s out of his depth, it’s that simple. He was lucky to get the Everton gig and the football his side are playing is borderline unwatchable. I couldn’t care less if he’s a nice guy or he gets us, it doesn’t win you football matches.

The problem is the same clowns on the Board who appointed him will be appointing the next one and that’s the bigger issue.

Man Utd, Newcastle, Spurs?? Didn’t look like getting a result against any of them.

United was closer than it looked, Spurs we had a game plan but fell short to a crap pen and a deflected shot. Newcastle was crap all around though. I just think the tough to beat thing only goes so far when your attack is as dirge as ours. We can't be brilliant defensively every game, and even if we are that doesn't even guarantee you a point never mind all three.

Lampard or someone else, without a couple of additions to help with the final third in Jan we are really, really going to struggle.

How do you watch that first half, think thats ok and send the same side out again 2nd half?

Within 2 minutes Mina plays a ball a 5 year old could do straight out of play. 15 seconds later Holgate slips under no pressure, gets up, Mina then does a challenge a donkey would be ashamed of, then Keane thinks he's Fred Astaire and does a tap dance manoeuvre where he flicks his left foot and misses the cross, then flicks his right foot out and misses the shot.

30 seconds later he has 3 subs ready.

It's bang on amateurish management on levels I can't even comprehend because the minute he sends that same 11 out, is the minute he's trusting absolute garbage again.

Status
Not open for further replies.