Fulham v Stoke. Sat 3rd Nov @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. We might still be in 4th due to other teams being just as gash, but when we have a tough run coming up we're may well look back and think its the games against the likes of Wigan, QPR and Fulham we should have got more points from than we did.

We could be even higher than 4th really, or is 4th the new seventh?

Nope, we're just a quality team playing good football from the start this time around which is why we're higher up the league.

Moyes's defensive mentality. We will never win anything under him. If we're two up in that game then yeah, maybe bring a defender on but when we're only leading by one goal, we've been dominant and he wants to change the whole defensive shape you've got to question it. Yet another goal conceded from a cross too, we really don't make enough effort to prevent them coming in. Coleman was at fault for loosing the ball, but is there much danger when Hangeland has it near the halfway line and we have 10 men behind the ball?

Bad substitution. Lost the ball because had no forward to hold up the ball and disrupted a settled back four.

if there ever was a season to finish 4th this is it

too right, people were moaning we only drew away to wigan, but spurs have only gone and LOST at home to them. arsenal looked very spineless today as well. we have been head and shoulders above both this season and they are very lucky we are not about 7/8 points ahead of both already

He took Mirallas off as he was on the back of a knock in the derby and he was gassed - he chose the wrong ball for Fellaini late on and was running on empty.

Sure, he could have brought on Oviedo, but I don't think the sub caused their equaliser. It was an individual error from Coleman, that's all it was.

I thought he messed up twice for their equaliser; first when he lost possession and then going with his left foot for the clearance at the back post. Hibbo for Coleman would've been a more defensively sound decision than Distin for Jelavic, since Coleman is still defensively naive at times. He did well other than that but most of that was attacking work rather than defensive.

we are our own worst enemies - scoring 3 own goals in 3 games - conceding the first early goal in i think 5 games and drawing games we should easily win - we boss everything but the scoreboard - Jelavich is a shadow of the player he was last year and our defense is just crap - we were taught a defensive lesson by a lesser team today - Neville is a total walking goal - FOR the OPPOSITION - destined for mediocrity if we keep on playing like this - sorry i am just very disappointed - for about the 4th game in a row and today i can't even blame the ref !

Just watching the goals from all the other games, and looking at the stats. Some teams didn't even manage 10 shots, most didn't manage 15. We have to put the ball in the damn onion bag.....1 more than the opposition each game will do.

Should be straightforward, but its the straightforward games that never usually go to plan!

Being unbeaten is a good thing - despite the fact we should have won. The worrying thing is the amount of early goals we have started to concede!

nothing is straightforward when we are guaranteed to be trailing after their first attack.

Yeah we are in the top 4. But we dominated the game and didn't win - thats nothing to be happy about. Its results like these which will come back and haunt us at the end of the season, when we are a few points off Europe or even the top 4.

Give us tonights lotto numbers while you're at it lad.

I've never said a bad word about Neville, but I can honestly say, he needs replacing asap. It was visible today that some players were bypassing Neville as they clearly have no confidence in passing to him. I really hope Moyes chooses the good of the club ahead of any emotional attachment to players. Having said that, Gibson isn't far from a return is he, so that might save blushes for everyone.

Why must you continue to break my heart Everton? Why do you tease me with all these glimpses of bossness, only to shatter me every time?

I can't take this sort of punishment at 3 in the morning. We should have scored 13. Jelavic needs to pull his finger out just a tad, and nothing more needs to be said of old Pointy McGee.

Seamus you knobhead, you were playing a blinder!!! You were just about the best bloke on the pitch for 89 minutes! Do you not realize that you'll probably be sent out on loan to a Championship club now because of this?!?

Kev is a god amongst men, his second half was enormous. This season is almost feeling more heartbreaking than the last few, just because it should be so much more.

This this this this. Jus disappointed it should be more than it is really, not very often do we get the chance to mix it with the big boys. Why do they keep bottling it? Baffles me it really does....makes next week massive now for no reason! Win an its happy days, lose or draw an we vetted sucked back into the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back