Fulham v Stoke. Sat 3rd Nov @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a team has 26 attempts on goal and dont win the game it's a combined failure. You cannot say it was one or two players or Moyes. They ALL failed to win a game that they should have wrapped up long before the end.

Moyes gets the blame the same way he gets the credit when we win, its the way football is.

How many people would have thought that when they saw Distin coming on for Jelavic that it was a needless sub? Plenty i;d have thought. We didn't need an extra defender in there are surprise surprise they go and score.

Doesn't matter why or who caused it, its just typical that despite having 37 billion chanes that Everton as a team under the leadership of Moyes still concede a **** goal to go behind and then concede a **** goal to finish level.

There are bigger issues than simply this one game.
Just because we lose doesn't mean it's Moyes fault, what a stupid excuse to blame him, any money if he didn't bring Eistin on and we still conceded people would be saying why they hell didn't we bring him on.

Our structures and movement going forward today were great we dominated possession and had a lot of chances, it's Moyes job to put tactics in to do that. What Moyes cannot control is our finishing and whether we make the most out of our chances and that's just things that a manager cant control.

if we dont put the mackems to the sword next weekend, then there is a problem. cant see anything but a straightforward win though. at least the unbeaten run continues.

Should be straightforward, but its the straightforward games that never usually go to plan!

Being unbeaten is a good thing - despite the fact we should have won. The worrying thing is the amount of early goals we have started to concede!

it was unlucky. but we are fourth ahead of 3 very winnable fixtures. 9 points from the next 3 games is very possible and there is no reason for us to have our heads down after that result. the way we keep battling back from behind is very impressive (obviously not the conceding first part). we are very capable of 9 points from 3 games now
I'd subscribe to that mentality. We are very nearly an excellent team. Coleman will learn. We are playing great football with scope to play even better and win. I'm not totally at a loss as is usual for Everton this time of year.

He took Mirallas off as he was on the back of a knock in the derby and he was gassed - he chose the wrong ball for Fellaini late on and was running on empty.

Sure, he could have brought on Oviedo, but I don't think the sub caused their equaliser. It was an individual error from Coleman, that's all it was.

We have a very hard run of games coming up. We still need to play Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs. I'd say it's an above average start (especially for us) but by no means as good as it should be considering how well we've been performing; we've let too many points slip which we should have won.

Exactly. We might still be in 4th due to other teams being just as gash, but when we have a tough run coming up we're may well look back and think its the games against the likes of Wigan, QPR and Fulham we should have got more points from than we did.

We could be even higher than 4th really, or is 4th the new seventh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back