Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all but the last line. He wouldn't start every week for any more than about eight teams. He would see significant time in a rotation pretty much everywhere, but he's not a starter for any top-ten team anymore.

it seems City fans have a completely different take on him to you, so in this instance I will trust their opinion on his consistency.

i guarantee you the majority of every other fans forum will think gibson is rubbish, perhaps other teams fans know more about their players than we do?

it seems City fans have a completely different take on him to you, so in this instance I will trust their opinion on his consistency.

And yet City's manager, coaching staff, board and owner think otherwise. City fans, on the other hand, are renowned for their clarity of thought and general wisdom.

As depth, at the right wage, he's worth having on loan for a year. But he is NOT better than Gibson or Felli. He would get starts when they are injured or suspended, sure, but he's not going to play so well that he is preferred to them when all are fit and available. He would be better than Osman in CM though, without doubt.

And yet City's manager, coaching staff, board and owner think otherwise. City fans, on the other hand, are renowned for their clarity of thought and general wisdom.

As depth, at the right wage, he's worth having on loan for a year. But he is NOT better than Gibson or Felli. He would get starts when they are injured or suspended, sure, but he's not going to play so well that he is preferred to them when all are fit and available. He would be better than Osman in CM though, without doubt.

Stop being silly for the sake of it.

They have signed a 30m Brazilian to replace him, as well as having Garcia, Toure etc...competition is pretty tight in there so they have told him he won't get much game time ahead of them, and rightly so, they are top draw players.

What makes their fans opinion less valid than your inane ill thought out ramblings on him? Watched him in a few England games have you?

Your argument is stupid. Fellaini would have difficulty getting a place ahead of Yaya Toure and Fernandinho. Barry has been virtually an ever-present for City for the past two years in a title winning/contending side.

I don't claim to be an expert but fook me.... some people's knowledge of football on here is embarassing to say the least. By all means have differing opinions...that's what fuels debate..... but bitterness and blinkered views are awash all over the place... the mind boggles .

We only have two recognised central midfielders, one is likely to get an injury, the other a suspension. In my opinion that is not enough, Barry will give us another body in there. Will he improve the team, that's a no from me. Will he improve the squad, yes I think he will. If he comes as a free transfer/loan and his wage can be achieved i'd have him.

I think we should be looking at bringing through our own youngsters than getting 47 year-olds in on loan. A club like ours needs to take a long-term view.

..........................................................................Howard..............................................

....................................................Jags...............Alcaraz............Distin...............................

Coleman.......................................Gibson.....................Barry...........................................Baines

................................................................Fellaini...................................................

..................................................................Barkley.......................................

....................................................................Jelavic......................................

It's on !!!!

In his prime, i would have taken him absolutely. Would fit in no problem here, right attitude and right work ethic.

Sadly, he's old, will command high wages and doesn't fit any kind of sustainable strategy that the club should be adopting.

..........................................................................Howard..............................................

....................................................Jags...............Alcaraz............Distin...............................

Coleman.......................................Gibson.....................Barry...........................................Baines

................................................................Fellaini...................................................

..................................................................Barkley.......................................

....................................................................Jelavic......................................

It's on !!!!

wat..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back