Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is so terrible about signing a player like Barry provided the weekly salary cost isn't excessive and the contract is no longer than two years.

He would add experience and leadership.He has been playing at the very highest level and performing well.
He would allow two things to happen ,if he were to arriv :
1. It would allow a youngster like Lundstram to go out on loan and play every week building up his experience rather than playing under 21 football only as Duffy did last term.

2. It would allow the manager more time to establish more accurately what players he needs to bring without committing scarce resources too quickly.

bluemoon73 said:
Yeah he's good enough for a team who has not finished outside the top 3 for a few years but too ****e for a team who flirt with relegation. ycmiu
That forum is full of utter biffs. I'd take him on loan for sure. Tidy, experienced, quality midfielder. Great back-up for Gibbo, who we clearly aren't going to be able to rely on.

What is so terrible about signing a player like Barry provided the weekly salary cost isn't excessive and the contract is no longer than two years.

He would add experience and leadership.He has been playing at the very highest level and performing well.
He would allow two things to happen ,if he were to arriv :
1. It would allow a youngster like Lundstram to go out on loan and play every week building up his experience rather than playing under 21 football only as Duffy did last term.

2. It would allow the manager more time to establish more accurately what players he needs to bring without committing scarce resources too quickly.

Seems sensible to me.

Not sure I understand the logic of how because he was never a player with pace it will be a problem for him as he gets older. Typically it's the super pacey players who have more trouble when they get older because being able to beat people with pace was the biggest aspect of their game. Barry was never one to rely on pace and that makes me *more* confident in his ability to play at 32+ than a player for whom pace was the foundation of their game.

Given that we are almost certainly talking about a one-year loan (with some subsidized wages) I'm not entirely sure why we're even talking about age this much. He's 32 not 72.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back