Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think football fans are the last people we should listen to.
Let's just assume I agree with you for a second! So that by your logic makes every post on here complete and utter dog turd?

Wow. Considering where City came from, there are a lot of bells on there
Yep, they are on every forum, as many on there as there are on here I expect.

Let's just come away from the notion that because City are better than us now, all of their fans are clueless. deluded, reality losing fools for just one moment.

I am sure they have a large section of their fan base who have supported them through thick and thin and have a pretty decent opinion of the game.

Or are all the world football experts only found on GOT?

Good post!

Not sure I understand the logic of how because he was never a player with pace it will be a problem for him as he gets older. Typically it's the super pacey players who have more trouble when they get older because being able to beat people with pace was the biggest aspect of their game. Barry was never one to rely on pace and that makes me *more* confident in his ability to play at 32+ than a player for whom pace was the foundation of their game.

Given that we are almost certainly talking about a one-year loan (with some subsidized wages) I'm not entirely sure why we're even talking about age this much. He's 32 not 72.

Let's just assume I agree with you for a second! So that by your logic makes every post on here complete and utter dog turd?

Yep, they are on every forum, as many on there as there are on here I expect.

Let's just come away from the notion that because City are better than us now, all of their fans are clueless. deluded, reality losing fools for just one moment.

I am sure they have a large section of their fan base who have supported them through thick and thin and have a pretty decent opinion of the game.

Or are all the world football experts only found on GOT?
You only have to read the "Everton transfer rumours" thread to see the many differing opinions on players we all have.

Not sure I understand the logic of how because he was never a player with pace it will be a problem for him as he gets older. Typically it's the super pacey players who have more trouble when they get older because being able to beat people with pace was the biggest aspect of their game. Barry was never one to rely on pace and that makes me *more* confident in his ability to play at 32+ than a player for whom pace was the foundation of their game.

Given that we are almost certainly talking about a one-year loan (with some subsidized wages) I'm not entirely sure why we're even talking about age this much. He's 32 not 72.

He will be by the time this thread's finished.

Stop being silly for the sake of it.

They have signed a 30m Brazilian to replace him, as well as having Garcia, Toure etc...competition is pretty tight in there so they have told him he won't get much game time ahead of them, and rightly so, they are top draw players.

What makes their fans opinion less valid than your inane ill thought out ramblings on him? Watched him in a few England games have you?

For goodness' sake, did you read the whole post? Tubey, the same goes to you.

My second paragraph:

As depth, at the right wage, he's worth having on loan for a year. But he is NOT better than Gibson or Felli. He would get starts when they are injured or suspended, sure, but he's not going to play so well that he is preferred to them when all are fit and available. He would be better than Osman in CM though, without doubt.

I'm not saying he's rubbish. I'm saying he's NOT better than Felli or Gibbo and therefore will get games mostly when they are injured or suspended (which will be fairly often), therefore IF he is going to come to us it should be on a deal that reflects that. As a loan for a year, with us paying maybe £30k of his wages, fair enough.

Not sure I understand the logic of how because he was never a player with pace it will be a problem for him as he gets older.

Because age makes people slower regardless of whether they were fast or not to start with. Look at Phil Neville. It might not happen this year, but Barry WILL lose what little pace he has at some point, and I don't what to see that happen while he's wearing a Everton shirt. Distin is very much an exception and we all live in fear of the day he loses his pace, don't we.

A 32 years old Gareth Barry or a 32 years old Leon Osman?

the answer should be straightforward

35lvuqf.gif

Age has become way to big a factor when looking at a player.
A lot of premiership clubs have players well into their 30's performing very well week after week...Ferdinand,Giggs,Lampard,Distin,Gerrard and many More.Barry is at least a couple of years young than most mentioned above.
If a club could get two or three years service from Barry it would prove to be a good investment.
I should also point out that he could cover at full back as well as that is where he played as a younger man.

It may not be the player that we would have picked but his signing would make sense for us and a lot of other clubs besides.
Remember Utd brought in Hargreaves and Larrsson late in their careers and they certainly were not players Utd supporters would have expected to see.

Cannot believe you lot think this guy will help us. In no way is he better than Leon Osman.

Did nobody watch the Southampton game last season?

[video=youtube;-ZKzuhc58es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKzuhc58es[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back