Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
People hate Osman mate just because he is an easy target and going rusty.
I seen mirallas make some shocking passes against Norwich and people ignore that and pick it up when Osman does something ridiculous.
Yes, it is stupid playing him CM as he is not strong. If he is playing I would play him in a more advanced role

Not comparing them in terms of ability, but Xavi and Iniesta aren't strong either yet do great things in central midfield. I hear what you say about some players seeming to have freedom to mess up whilst others get jumped on very quickly.

Not comparing them in terms of ability, but Xavi and Iniesta aren't strong either yet do great things in central midfield. I hear what you say about some players seeming to have freedom to mess up whilst others get jumped on very quickly.

There is a huge difference between Xavi, Iniesta and Osman.

Technical skills? He's the best midfielder we've got mate, he's a player. We miss him more than any other player on the team when he's out.

If we're looking at a holding midfielder, Fellaini would do a much, much better job. I see him more like a Lee Carsley type player. A honest battler for sure, but wouldn't get near a top 4 team.

That's why I said I'm not comparing their ability, but in terms of stature they're very similar. I suspect you wouldn't say Xavi shouldn't be in our midfield because he isn't strong enough.
between you and the the other feller you really dont have a clue, now if you want to use your power like you did 5 mins ago by giving me a infractin and telling me im going to get a ban , its a fans forum ,and me allong with a few others on here reckon your clueless ,my opinion

Bruce, you've gone mental here.

Osman shouldn't be in the side, not because he isn't a big bulky strong lad, but because he's bang average and has been for a while now.

Had a wee run of form, got in the England squad and then fell away completely.

HE KICKS THE BALL REALLY HARD! Bang

That too like.

If we're looking at a holding midfielder, Fellaini would do a much, much better job. I see him more like a Lee Carsley type player. A honest battler for sure, but wouldn't get near a top 4 team.

He played for Man Utd for long enough lid. As a holding midfielder he's miles better than Fellaini too mate.

I wasn't too arsed when we signed him but he's impressed me more than any signings of recent times. A real player.

I think Fellaini is just a bit too unpredictable to be an out and out DM, You saw the way Whittaker just strolled past him for his goal on Saturday.

Under Moyes we always played our best football when there was a 'water carrier' in that role, be it Carsley, Neville or Gibson and I personally think Barry would be a great addition to the squad

You can say what you like about Gareth Barry, Leon Osman or Gibson in here, and indeed you're quite welcome to say you disagree with my opinion on Osman/Gibson.

You were infracted for your language though, not that. Nowhere did I say you would get a ban, but you might want to grow up a bit.

You can say what you like about Gareth Barry, Leon Osman or Gibson in here, and indeed you're quite welcome to say you disagree with my opinion on Osman/Gibson.

You were infracted for your language though, not that. Nowhere did I say you would get a ban, but you might want to grow up a bit.
grow up a bit . ok big guy ,lOve 2 haVE A BEER OR 3 WITH YU ON YOUR NEXT TRIP TO GOODY PARK , THATS IF YOU KNOW WERE IT IS

Bruce, you've gone mental here.

Osman shouldn't be in the side, not because he isn't a big bulky strong lad, but because he's bang average and has been for a while now.

Had a wee run of form, got in the England squad and then fell away completely.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Osman is a world beater or anything, just that I don't think Gibson is any better.

He played for Man Utd for long enough lid. As a holding midfielder he's miles better than Fellaini too mate.

I wasn't too arsed when we signed him but he's impressed me more than any signings of recent times. A real player.

He played an awful lot less for them than Neville did, but Pip still came in for a whole lot of stick on here. Happy to be wrong on it like, as we all want the players to do well, just haven't seen much in him thus far.

I think Fellaini is just a bit too unpredictable to be an out and out DM, You saw the way Whittaker just strolled past him for his goal on Saturday.

Under Moyes we always played our best football when there was a 'water carrier' in that role, be it Carsley, Neville or Gibson and I personally think Barry would be a great addition to the squad

Aye, I'm not a big fan of Barry either, but suffice to say if we signed him then I'd be fully backing him to do well. Just think it's a shame that some players get jumped on very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back