Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not comparing them in terms of ability, but Xavi and Iniesta aren't strong either yet do great things in central midfield. I hear what you say about some players seeming to have freedom to mess up whilst others get jumped on very quickly.

Xavi and Iniesta do it by having far, FAR superior technical ability to virtually any player in the world. If they had strength they'd be even better.

YE OK . HAVE A WORD WITH THE BIG HARD CASE ,

There's only one hard case around here pal, and that's Welton. Don't mess with Welton FFS. (In seriousness fox, the moderators card people for language rightly, we need to, I've explained in a PM and will explain more in conversation)

Anyway - back on topic. Osman's been woeful for months - should never be starting week in, week out but he's not as bad as some are making out. Barry would be good cover for when Gibson inevitably gets injured.

IMO he should be played in the hole or nowhere. He's useless on the wing and the game goes by him defensively when he's in centre midfield. He's good just behind the striker, though.

EDIT: This is Osman, by the way, not Barry.

Really no idea what you're on about, but if you'd like to continue this lets do it in private so this thread can stay on track.
NO MATE DONT WANT TO CAUSE DANNY ANY GRIEF , , YOU LIKE TALKING DOWN TO PEOPLE DONT YOU , NEXT TIME YOU CME TO GOODY PARK ,PM ME THE DAY BEFORE AND WE CAN CONTINUE IT THEN , OK OFFICER

I think Fox made a great point about Osman the other day.

Imagine if Osman had been up against Yaya Toure and Fernandinho on Saturday? Doesn't bare thinking about.

I think Fox made a great point about Osman the other day.

Imagine if Osman had been up against Yaya Toure and Fernandinho on Saturday? Doesn't bare thinking about.

pmsl.

He'd have ran to the wing and somehow persuaded Mirallas that Martinez wanted him to play the anchorman role.

Osman is a liability in CM. We'd be as well playing with 10 men.

So yeah, I'd defo take a man with 2 first names to usurp him. That's top quality maths.

I like Gibson. He's not just a DM he's a deep playmaker and he's better at it than the likes of Arteta these days. The problem is he gets injured a lot. I'd prefer us to wait and give it a season to see if he's one of those sicknote types for sure, but, if he is we'd be better off replacing him.

Barry could probably do the job for a year, maybe two. But again we'd be looking for a replacement soon enough.

Both can cover ground and put tackles in in a way Osman can only dream of. Good squad man for us and I can see plenty of times where he'll come on if we're dominating sides without opening them up.

I'd love us to sign Darren Fletcher, btw. Great player.

Off topic I know. Maybe he can be used to sweeten the deal for Fellaini. 20m + Darren Fletcher and it's a deal for me. I'd say he's a 10m player on his day, when fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back