Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pleased with all three incoming players but I think the Barry one is very smart in particular. He offers cover at left back as well as a bit of bite in midfield.

Everton sources, meanwhile, told ESPN the Toffees would be paying all England midfielder Barry’s wages -- around £120,000 a week -- making the 32-year-old the best-paid player in their history.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...lu-lukaku-gareth-barry-james-mccarthy?cc=3436

The Toffees will also take Barry on loan for the season, and will have the chance to sign him for free at the end of the term because he has just one year left on his City contract.

Everton and City will split the England midfielder's salary, with both clubs contributing around £60,000 a week each.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...er-united-transfers-marouane-fellaini-2246496

Can't go wrong really, if he impresses we can keep him, and he'll give us a useful option in the middle of the park. Not the most mobile and he can struggle when he's pressed but good positionally and a decent passer. A left footed centre mid too, so he'll be able to see different passes and give us more variety.

Just popping in to say I think Barry will be an excellent signing for you. He's not a highlights player so you need to watch him every week to really appreciate his talent. His best attributes are reading the game, defensive positioning and distributing the ball quickly. Add to that he's a strong tackler and generally just very tidy on the ball. He did decline a little bit last season but prior to that he was a mainstay of the cup and title winning sides and often kept the likes of De Jong out of the team. David Silva rated him as the teams best player in 2011-12 as he provided the platform (and quick ball) for the fancy dans to do their stuff. The vast majority of City fans are disappointed to see him go tbh.

Re: his wages, he's on 100K a week and the info I've seen says Everton are paying 100%. Not here to argue though as it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. City didn't need to get rid though as the wage bill has already been hugely reduced in the past year, he wanted regular football which Pellegrini wouldn't offer him. Either way though, no matter whos' paying what you'll hopefully see he's worth every penny.

Best of luck for the season.

When we signed Darron Gibson a couple of years ago, my feelings were "Oh okay, he'll be another body in midfield", and then he turned into a very important player for us.

I hope Barry will be the same.

i guess brought in for experience not sure wheres he gonna fit in

if we get GB "villa form" cool if its GB "city form" nothing to shout from the rafters about

also if its true about his wages we are picking up.........OMFG never worth it

but finger cross he hits the ground running

He was tremendous when City won the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.