Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the difference between 2 or 3 isn't really that much tbh. Like others so said we only had two fit with him and McCarthy. Add Gibson and a signing (loan, etc) for cover and he won't play as much as he had to last year

2.5 mil on a player turning 34 over the season....well ok I can live with that as he could be good for barkley, ledson and mccarthy.

However going off last season we will need at least one or two more centre mids as first choices to rotate as barry wont last the season.

Maybe he can get away with 2 years but 3 would be a stretch.

Think the difference between 2 or 3 isn't really that much tbh. Like others so said we only had two fit with him and McCarthy. Add Gibson and a signing (loan, etc) for cover and he won't play as much as he had to last year

Only a couple of million on wages...

if true, i hope it's 2 (MAX) with a possible 1 year rolling on a free transfer.

i can't see how wel'd have to pay a fee

Just don't see barry having three seasons in. Ideally we should be looking at a early twenties DM who can be with us for years to come and develop, squad is becoming too old and just worry in a season or two barry won't be half the player he is. Anyway least it's a signing
Just read the [Poor language removed] are trying to get barkley which has depressed me! And now they're after some teens have belguim! Wish we could go after younger players instead of the bargain oap bin!

Coyb

I'm not worries about his age at all, he's never been a player with pace or has relied on his pace, always kept him self very fit, has always been very durable and doesn't have a history of many injuries.

There's no reason why he can't play at the same level he did last season for another three seasons, it's good to have experienced players and leaders around the club regardless.

Would be great if true, the Mirror do write a lot of crap though.

Yes, it's daft.

The MLS want him now, i doubt they'll want him when he's 36 and even i they did they'd just wait until he was a free transfer. Nobody's going to pay decent money for a 35 year old.

While teams like United or Arsenal are giving one year deals to players over 30, we're handing a 3 year deal to a 34 year old who was blowing out his arse at the end of last season.

Similar to the Howard deal, it's too much. If it's true.

MLS are still expanding, though. He's a known EPL name and a known quantity. It's MLS. They'll want him.

Two at Everton, one over here if it looks right for all concerned. I'm happier with him on contract.

if true, i hope it's 2 (MAX) with a possible 1 year rolling on a free transfer.

i can't see how wel'd have to pay a fee

We still owe money from loaning him last season. It's not as high as the papers are reporting though.

This deal doesn't worry me, he shown us last season that he was quality and I would rather give him 3 years then losing him due to not giving him an extra 12 months

Arsed? 3 years is great, he is 33 not 73, he will play a similar role to Gerrard has, withdrawn and dictate play, Barkley & McCarthy will do the leg work that everyone believes he won't be able to do, plus his experience at City in Europe will give us something we never had previously.

Having been on loan last season Barry will be a known quantity to Martinez he above all will be fully aware of his physiological well being,given that he's a qualified physiotherapist.
How old is Pirlo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back