• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Gary Lineker knows of 2 gay prem footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these players felt the need to announce their sexuality publicly, I’m sure they would do so.

What they don’t need is hacks like Lineker speaking on behalf of them or their community about what is “best”.
Realistically he just said he knows 2, hasn't outed anyone (and rightfully so).

However I don't agree with some sentiments about the topic being "come out as gay now to show dem Qataris" and whatever - it won't do anything and it will just put even more pressure on the people more than anything.

On the obvious topic and debate here - Ru Paul's Drag Race is comedy and unnecessary drama galore. One of the better timewasters there is.

The fact that me you and others are discussing it and Linekar and co are putting in the headlines then its going to be difficult.

I'm of thought that if we dramatize it then it becomes a big deal, were as if we flip it to not giving a crap and not making it a story then I'm sure it would be easier for people to open up. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how i see it.

Like what @MikeH72 just said tell your family and friends thats it! It doesn't need to be announced or use the phrase 'come out'
no one has to announce that they are hetrosexual. It’s just what people chose to do with who when the lights are out.
No one announces other things they are into if they don’t want to.

Reactions: JLW

It’s not fair enough though. He openly cast speculation on a couple of players under the guise of being some sort of ‘sound open minded lad’ then has continued to do so through the thread.

I really don't get what your problem is here? There will always be an assumption someone who wears feminine clothing is gay, what's the issue with that? Why does it make you so angry?

I really don't get what your problem is here? There will always be an assumption someone who wears feminine clothing is gay, what's the issue with that? Why does it make you so angry?

Depends what people class as feminine clothing.

I’ve been assumed of being gay for most of my life because because of how I look and what I wear yet I’ve never worn anything feminine.

I think the issue here is you massively over exaggerating a couple of photoshoots and speculating on the sexuality because of it.

Surely you see how this is wrong?

Surely as a gay man you must find these assumptions to be ignorant.

No, I don't? Why do you feel you need to be offended on behalf of our community?

I'm still absolutely baffled with your "you commented loads in the fit birds thread" comment from earlier.

No, I don't? Why do you feel you need to be offended on behalf of our community?

I'm still absolutely baffled with your "you commented loads in the fit birds thread" comment from earlier.

I'm not offended, I'm asking you if you are.

Why would it baffle you? You have a banned alias, that frequented the Fit Birds thread, commenting on half naked ladies. It's nothing to baffle you.

Depends what people class as feminine clothing.

I’ve been assumed of being gay for most of my life because because of how I look and what I wear yet I’ve never worn anything feminine.

I think the issue here is you massively over exaggerating a couple of photoshoots and speculating on the sexuality because of it.

Surely you see how this is wrong?

I had the same mate.

But in terms of clothing, I don't think I should be getting people reporting / telling mods to ban me because I'm honestly admitting that someone who dresses feminine will be assumed as gay. A sad life to live.

I'm not offended, I'm asking you if you are.

Why would it baffle you? You have a banned alias, that frequented the Fit Birds thread, commenting on half naked ladies. It's nothing to baffle you.

No, I really don't, and I really want you to prove this - I am very willing for the moderation team to confirm any previous accounts I am linked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back