• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Gary Lineker knows of 2 gay prem footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.

On average based on studies, only about 5% of the population are homosexual. The chances of you meeting these people in your workplace are already very low. Secondly, there probably is a great deal of homophobia in your workplace which most likely means they won't get accepted. The more masculine an industry/workforce is, such as construction in your case, the tolerance for homosexuality is always going to be lower.
Classic Emir

I only have two requirements for my son.

I want them to be very successful and also to have faith. Just the two requirements.
What faith are you, @emir?

I appreciate it's a personal question so you are of course not obliged to answer.

I am curious, what religions accept homosexuality as normal, as 'OK'? I mean, I'm assuming you hope he maintains the same faith as you hold. Does your faith accept homesexuality?

Maddest thing about this is, how does lineker know? If he does know then loads others must know, if loads others know it would have been leaked.

Think Gary is chatting poo.

Being gay I don't think is a big deal to MOST people anymore, however you can see why you wouldn't wanna come out as a professional footballer, just get cained every single week

Maddest thing about this is, how does lineker know? If he does know then loads others must know, if loads others know it would have been leaked.

Being gay I don't think is a big deal to MOST people anymore, however you can see why you wouldn't wanna come out as a professional footballer, just get cained every single week

I mean, the Casillas debacle showed just how far we are away as a sport, for accepting people of a different sexual preference (amongst other things), and it being normalised.

I realise Twitter isn’t the best area to gauge a reaction. A lot of accounts were in Arabic, but a lot were not.

I genuinely find that some football fans are usually the lowest denominator on the intelligence scale (In my experience, the fans I’ve encountered who make racist/Crass/Totally unacceptable comments are groups of lads who’ve been on the ale all day).

It’s fine for me to take the moral high ground, but I know full well that if a Liverpool player came out; we’d be sat in the Anfield Road, calling him out.

So it wouldn’t shock me at all, if it was common knowledge inside football circles, who is gay, or whatever, but why spread it? They’re all human trying to make a living, at the end of the day.

Maybe they all used to go to Michael Barrymore’s parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back