Gearing up for the Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defence has been better recently. Jags is in great form. If we can keep a clean sheet, I can see us nicking a win. It won't be pretty though. Nerves will be in tatters.

Was reading about how utd have got there tactics right playing against Liverpool. That they always concede the possession and change from there attacking style to playing on the counter attack as it stops Liverpool doing what there best at doing at anfield "counter attacking teams"

If we adopted those tactics I imagine moyes would get crucified and labeled defensive ect...

What's people's thoughts on how we should go about it??

Was reading about how utd have got there tactics right playing against Liverpool. That they always concede the possession and change from there attacking style to playing on the counter attack as it stops Liverpool doing what there best at doing at anfield "counter attacking teams"

If we adopted those tactics I imagine moyes would get crucified and labeled defensive ect...

I think you're right to a degree. Springing effective counter attacks is not easy though.

I just wonder could be keep it together under that pressure?

I think we should just try to dominate the possession like we did against Arsenal (except the last 15 mins)

i dont know...im just panicking already x

Derby week

Starting to get anxious now

Nothing better in football than a good Derby match. Doesn't matter which Derby it is, no other match has such sizzle and anticipation. Even when a Derby's avergage, it's still good. Like pizza

Last edited:

Just for a minute lads, imagine we absolutely web them, 4 or 5 nil.

Fellaini bosses Gerrard all afternoon, Jelavic slots like J-Dawg at Spring Break, Howard brings out a massive Cuban and starts smoking it in front of the Kop, Coleman's stepovers cause Enrique's legs to tie themselves in knots, Jagielka does one of those perfectly executed sliding tackles causing Sturridge to fresh air swipe and kick himself in the face, Moyes swan dives into the Liverpool technical area as Baines rattles in the 5th from 30 yards.

Scenes.

FTFY.

Hibbert to score a goal similar to this on Sunday.

[video=youtube;62Yj4Gjs31M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Yj4Gjs31M[/video]

I bet you a large chunk of whatever takes your fancy we choke and get beat. I am over pumping myself up for derbies, it takes so much out of me that I have just cannot be arsed anymore. IF we win I will be going crazy but until then I'll just be expecting the usual limp wristed saga

Utd have the players to adopt to a counter attacking style

We definitely do not

I hope we kick lumps out of the bastards, and we win one nil from a Carra own goal.

And Sheedy to run on at the end to give the V's to the Kop again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back