Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah but Martinez was wasting our generation's best young talent doing the same thing.
This guy. Still on this forum. Still being excellent.

If Emery got a preseason with a player like Deulofeu & had the same depth out wide or for a goalscorer? Definitely excellent

And Martinez' failure to play Deulofeu more on the right at times was less daft than Emery playing him as a CF ala Bacca

Assuming the transfer ban wasn't in place what do you think Barca would do with Deulofeu in the summer?

I think they might do what Valencia did with Gil, give him a place in the squad until January and sell if they don't fancy him.

Hypotheticals are pretty pointless, especially long after the fact...The reality is there is a ban and for whatever reason Lucho wanted Deulofeu to get more time outside the club...Everything I know about the club is based on how things were run before this board sabotaged it, before they kicked Thiago to the curb...Deulofeu has been a prized asset of the club for a long time so from a sporting perspective it's been illogical how he's been treated...As the candidates line up their agendas and big changes to come, Deulofeu would be a priority for any of them - so I would guess someone will look to reassure the player if not the cantera that the Catalan club will continue to rely on their academy players, especially the Catalan ones.

But I also understand that damage has already been done and the player has been chased by many clubs for nearly a decade so who knows what the player wants - it's just that he's under contract and no incoming President will squander a valuable asset like that...if he did return however, the reality is also that he has Adama making a great case to be the right sided wide player that could add legitimate depth to the first team squad...Of course, there are also some who think Adama might be converted into a RB which wouldn't impact Deulofeu necessarily

He's more out than in now, that's my feel of things but a new President could dramatically tilt things again so impossible to tell really

If Emery got a preseason with a player like Deulofeu & had the same depth out wide or for a goalscorer? Definitely excellent

And Martinez' failure to play Deulofeu more on the right at times was less daft than Emery playing him as a CF ala Bacca

Hypotheticals are pretty pointless, especially long after the fact...The reality is there is a ban and for whatever reason Lucho wanted Deulofeu to get more time outside the club...Everything I know about the club is based on how things were run before this board sabotaged it, before they kicked Thiago to the curb...Deulofeu has been a prized asset of the club for a long time so from a sporting perspective it's been illogical how he's been treated...As the candidates line up their agendas and big changes to come, Deulofeu would be a priority for any of them - so I would guess someone will look to reassure the player if not the cantera that the Catalan club will continue to rely on their academy players, especially the Catalan ones.

But I also understand that damage has already been done and the player has been chased by many clubs for nearly a decade so who knows what the player wants - it's just that he's under contract and no incoming President will squander a valuable asset like that...if he did return however, the reality is also that he has Adama making a great case to be the right sided wide player that could add legitimate depth to the first team squad...Of course, there are also some who think Adama might be converted into a RB which wouldn't impact Deulofeu necessarily

He's more out than in now, that's my feel of things but a new President could dramatically tilt things again so impossible to tell really

iYgYFI3pAUa1P.gif

So, January transfer window is a thing of the past and i'm sure the manager/board is already looking forward to strengthening in the summer - a time he openly states is the time he likes to splash the cash.

So, question for the forum. Let's say from TV revenue etc we have a kitty before sales of £25million.

Would you spunk it all on a big signing, further would you spunk it all on tempting Deulofeu to join us.

Further strengthening would have to be funded by sales - potentially Gibson/Oviedo/McGeady/Kone(maybe not).

Personally I think Deulofeu would be a boss signing and would probably, like Lukaku, not be a risk at all because of his age (ie he is likely to maintain value rather than it reduce should we decide to sell 3/4 years down the line).

Thoughts?

So, January transfer window is a thing of the past and i'm sure the manager/board is already looking forward to strengthening in the summer - a time he openly states is the time he likes to splash the cash.

So, question for the forum. Let's say from TV revenue etc we have a kitty before sales of £25million.

Would you spunk it all on a big signing, further would you spunk it all on tempting Deulofeu to join us.

Further strengthening would have to be funded by sales - potentially Gibson/Oviedo/McGeady/Kone(maybe not).

Personally I think Deulofeu would be a boss signing and would probably, like Lukaku, not be a risk at all because of his age (ie he is likely to maintain value rather than it reduce should we decide to sell 3/4 years down the line).

Thoughts?

I just don't think the kid is that arsed about coming back to is mate.

But a player in his ilk certainly.

"I don't want to think about a possible new loan, I'd rather focus on this important year for me. Whatever happens next year is going to happen. But being loaned again is definitely something I do not want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back