Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2015...lla?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
So the La Masía phenom was loaned to Sevilla, and hopefully he would find a good place to finally develop into a Barça A product. Since his arrival, Deulofeu's ride has been an inconsistent one, and his numbers are not really encouraging. In 18 appearances, eight of them coming off the bench, Gerard has scored three goals, dishing out another six assists in the process. With an average of 49 minutes played per contest, it seems like Deulo has not really earned the trust of his coach, Unai Emery, and his performances at the first half of this season don't really raise expectations of a potential return to the Blaugrana as a full-time employee.

Here's a quote.

Deulofeu gave an interview to radio marca:

"I'm happy, but I could be even more happy. Things aren't going as I had hoped, but I'm learning a lot."
"Future? I'm now focusing on this season. What will be will be. But I can tell you I don't want another year on loan."

He's basically saying that he wants sold in the summer because I don't think anyone thinks he's going to make it at Barca.

Silva and Deulofeu either side of Barkley. If they click we could have a great team in a few years.

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2015...lla?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
So the La Masía phenom was loaned to Sevilla, and hopefully he would find a good place to finally develop into a Barça A product. Since his arrival, Deulofeu's ride has been an inconsistent one, and his numbers are not really encouraging. In 18 appearances, eight of them coming off the bench, Gerard has scored three goals, dishing out another six assists in the process. With an average of 49 minutes played per contest, it seems like Deulo has not really earned the trust of his coach, Unai Emery, and his performances at the first half of this season don't really raise expectations of a potential return to the Blaugrana as a full-time employee.

pretty encouraging numbers them tbh, suppose it is la liga.

pretty encouraging numbers them tbh, suppose it is la liga.
TransferMarket has him at 3 goal 9 assists in 1229 mins in all competitions, with 2 of the assists in the Europa league.

Agree it is pretty decent, especially since he is a young kid in a new team, but suppose for a first team Barcelona squad place you need to be more than decent. Wingers are one our weakest and most injury prone areas so if he could replicate similar for us it would be great - for comparison Kev has 8 goals and 3 assists in 1352 mins.

Surely he should be our number 1 target in the summer.

A position we desperately need to strengthen, a player who's been with us already and has a good relationship with the manager and fans, has shown enough quality to start games for us in the PL and still has bags of potential...

If Barcelona and Deulofeu are really going to part ways permanently in the Summer, which is looking very likely, I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't get him.

Even Kenwright can [Poor language removed] see it surely.

A position we desperately need to strengthen, a player who's been with us already and has a good relationship with the manager and fans, has shown enough quality to start games for us in the PL and still has bags of potential...

If Barcelona and Deulofeu are really going to part ways permanently in the Summer, which is looking very likely, I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't get him.

Prepare for disappointment mate.

Here's a quote.

Deulofeu gave an interview to radio marca:

"I'm happy, but I could be even more happy. Things aren't going as I had hoped, but I'm learning a lot."
"Future? I'm now focusing on this season. What will be will be. But I can tell you I don't want another year on loan."

He's basically saying that he wants sold in the summer because I don't think anyone thinks he's going to make it at Barca.

Silva and Deulofeu either side of Barkley. If they click we could have a great team in a few years.
You mean Lennon and Deulofeu?

I'd buy him with the Mirallas money...

You mean Lennon and Deulofeu?
I meant Silva as in Rafael Silva. We've been linked with him for ages. It probably would be one or the other but now Kev is leaving I don't see why not. Lennon could be cover for both.

That lineup would have bags of pace, there is a good chance it would be available and probably cost a net 15m. Thats affordable even for us.

With Ross and Rom we would have 4 22 year olds in the attacking 4 all with potential to go to the very top. Besic and McCarthy holding. Would be quite sexy.

I meant Silva as in Rafael Silva. We've been linked with him for ages. It probably would be one or the other but now Kev is leaving I don't see why not. Lennon could be cover for both.

That lineup would have bags of pace, there is a good chance it would be available and probably cost a net 15m. Thats affordable even for us.

With Ross and Rom we would have 4 22 year olds in the attacking 4 all with potential to go to the very top. Besic and McCarthy holding. Would be quite sexy.

What's this Silva like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back