Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barca buys either Nolito or Lavezzi in January or any other similar player which they 99% will as they need backup wingers, there is no chance Gerard is going anywhere for at least another year after this. In that case, they would have 7 or maybe even 8 players that can play in that position in January - Arda, Vidal, Messi, Lavezzi/Nolito/Whoever, Munir, Sandro, Neymar and possibly even Suarez. Need I also remind you Tello is loaned out and he is yet another option more likely to happen than Gerard going back. Deulofeu clearly enjoys his first-team football here and I am quite sure that Spain's U21 captain would not sit on the bench, not even Barca's, otherwise he wouldn't join us. So it's off lads, it's off.

Need I also remind you Tello is loaned out and he is yet another option more likely to happen than Gerard going back.
Indeed. As well as their spending power to buy established internationals they like to back that up by giving La Mesia products a chance too, so who knows who they have coming through they'll want to try. Bet he's not as good as the Spain U21 captain though.

Indeed. As well as their spending power to buy established internationals they like to back that up by giving La Mesia products a chance too, so who knows who they have coming through they'll want to try. Bet he's not as good as the Spain U21 captain though.

not recently, likes of Geri, Tello & Adama Traore have all had to leave as they never got a chance

Deulofeu clearly enjoys his first-team football here and I am quite sure that Spain's U21 captain would not sit on the bench, not even Barca's, otherwise he wouldn't join us. So it's off lads, it's off.

The one danger is that they buy him by enforcing their clause, then sell him off immediately for far more money; I only hope we have something in place to prevent this.

The one danger is that they buy him by enforcing their clause, then sell him off immediately for far more money; I only hope we have something in place to prevent this.
think that's actually the least likely option to be honest. Nobody's going to pay £20m for a player and give barca a buy back option unless it's about £50m. Think he will either stay here for a couple of years or barca will decide they want him back.

No need to worry about him going back to Barca, hes a first team player these days and he knows sitting on the bench at Barca will do his career no good and his chances of ever becoming a regular are long gone, la masia is no longer the be all and end all, enrique and the board trust the transfer system more, the only true la masia fanatic for a lack of better words was pep and that was only because he came from managing that side before taking Barcelona so knew the players who were deserving, passionate and committed to his vision for the team.

Balague did an interview yesterday (yes he can talk out his arse) and even he said Deulofeu's family were disappointed he didn't stay with us and returned home, he realized his mistake as soon as enrique made it clear he had no plans for him and the emery loan was a horror show for him despite his decent assist record emery is a workhorse manager for technical players.

Ive been a Deulofeu fan since the beginning of his time with us, said it before hes the most natural winger we have, the best at slowing his man and taking him on and hes also become by far the best crosser of the ball we have when Baines isn't fit. The guy is a massive talent and the rest of his game is starting to develop, i think him becoming the spanish u21 captain was a very clever decision as its gave him a responsibility that i think he needed to mature and its showing in his games.

Last edited:
Spanish U 21 coach happy :

Football Espana
celades490site_0.jpg

Spain Under-21 Coach Albert Celades hailed the contribution of captain Gerard Deulofeu against Croatia after the Everton winger scored twice.

Marco Asensio scored La Rojita’s other goal in the 3-2 victory but it was Deulofeu who drew the plaudits by making it five goals in two games, having claimed a hat-trick against Georgia.

“Gerard had a great game. We encourage him to continue to score these goals and put in these good performances,” Celades said post-match, according to the Spanish Football Federation’s official site.
http://app.football-espana.net/?referrer=http://www.football-espana.net/55176/celades-deulofeu-was-great#article/footballespana-55176

Spanish coaches are so clever. If only the likes of Roy Hodgson encouraged attacking players to score goals.

In the echo tonight. Sorry if already posted but some key points about the deal explained by Martinez.

Suggestions have been made that Barca might re-sign Deulofeu even if they had no intention of using him just so they could make a profit on him but this theory has been dismissed by the Everton boss.

Martinez said: “They can’t do that. There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January. It can only be at the end of the season. It is 9million Euros for the first year and 12million Euros in the second year.

“If they take him back they can’t sell him for a season, so he has to stay in the first-team squad for a season.

“At the end of that if they decide to sell him we have got first rights of getting him back or we have got a big percentage of that deal. There is nothing we can do if they activate it.

“That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”

In the echo tonight. Sorry if already posted but some key points about the deal explained by Martinez.

Suggestions have been made that Barca might re-sign Deulofeu even if they had no intention of using him just so they could make a profit on him but this theory has been dismissed by the Everton boss.

Martinez said: “They can’t do that. There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January. It can only be at the end of the season. It is 9million Euros for the first year and 12million Euros in the second year.

“If they take him back they can’t sell him for a season, so he has to stay in the first-team squad for a season.

At the end of that if they decide to sell him we have got first rights of getting him back or we have got a big percentage of that deal. There is nothing we can do if they activate it.

“That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”

Imagine being sold by your childhood club, bought back again after a year, then sold again because they still didn't think you were good enough. Sounds rough.

Although, the "big percentage" sounds like a very good silver lining if we don't get him back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back