Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they buy him back if Deulofeu doesn't want to leave? I think they can't. And I don't think Del would like to leave unless he feels Barca really believes in him.

In the echo tonight. Sorry if already posted but some key points about the deal explained by Martinez.

Suggestions have been made that Barca might re-sign Deulofeu even if they had no intention of using him just so they could make a profit on him but this theory has been dismissed by the Everton boss.

Martinez said: “They can’t do that. There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January. It can only be at the end of the season. It is 9million Euros for the first year and 12million Euros in the second year.

“If they take him back they can’t sell him for a season, so he has to stay in the first-team squad for a season.

“At the end of that if they decide to sell him we have got first rights of getting him back or we have got a big percentage of that deal. There is nothing we can do if they activate it.

“That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”

What a ingenius whoever negotiated I Wonder who is responsible? Maybe this creative approach might benefit the club elsewhere like sorting out the stadium? :coffee:

Can't see them wanting to go through all the trouble of re-signing him just to sell him with that deal in place, let's just hope he wouldn't want to go anywhere else if someone other than Barca came in for him

Can they buy him back if Deulofeu doesn't want to leave? I think they can't. And I don't think Del would like to leave unless he feels Barca really believes in him.

They wouldnt. Thats what I ment with "Theres more in that contract that we dont know about" why would they unsettle the player AGAIN inside of short period of time. It isnt just like if Barca clicks their fingers and he's off. No no no. We are in very good position here , Lets calm down and enjoy his magic. He loves us and he has just breaked through. Not going back anytime soon.

Martinez: There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January.

“That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”

That clears things a bit yes

Barca have a history or selling them with a buy back option and bringing them back to sell for more. if they do buy him back they cant sell him for a year but they could loan him out again. look at Bojan, exactly the same scenario

Strange how this is all over the papers today, there appears to be no hint of Barca interest and I reckon it's all generated by the fact that he's scored twice for the U21's and the usual journalistic muppetry. If it does prove to have some substance then I hope that GD will resist or just maybe a deal is done involving Stones, Barca is the only club I'd accept him going to.

If Barca take him back, based on their front 3 and Turan first back up, then he will have scored and assisted a bucket and we will be in the top4.

It's barcelona!

Having lived on gruel for so long and now getting used to a richer diet, it would be typical if Del Boy returned
to Barca. Plus next summer we might also be saying so long to Lukaku and Stones.

Do you think that Barca might take Naismith instead?

At the end of the day it was a silly deal. We should have bought him outright but barca must have believes he may come good with this deal in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back