Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a massive shame like. I'd have liked the club to have been honest about the deal from the off instead of dripping it out now, but oh well.

A fancy season long loan it is. At least he's playing well.

Gerry does not have a contract with Barcelona currently... he can't be forced to return unless he wants to. Everton are obligated to accept 9m this summer or 12m the following summer but would retain a first option and a sell on clause on the player if he decided that he wanted to go back and sit on Barca's bench.

This deal seems completely reasonable.... and it seems like good business considering we managed to sign a player that was considered very recently to be one of the most exciting prospects in Europe for 4m.

It is a massive shame like. I'd have liked the club to have been honest about the deal from the off instead of dripping it out now, but oh well.

A fancy season long loan it is. At least he's playing well.
I'm pretty sure they disclosed the 9m and 12m buybacks at the time (as I thought they were low). Only new bit to me is they have to keep him in the squad for a year if they do buy back and that we have first refusal/ sell on % down the line if he does go back

I'm pretty sure they disclosed the 9m and 12m buybacks at the time (as I thought they were low). Only new bit to me is they have to keep him in the squad for a year if they do buy back and that we have first refusal/ sell on % down the line if he does go back

Nah the new bit is Barcelona basically being able to take him back without the players' say so. Which in effect means the player may as well still be on a Barcelona contract and out on loan, subject to recall at the end of the loan period - which means the deal in my view should be illegal but oh well.

Nah the new bit is Barcelona basically being able to take him back without the players' say so. Which in effect means the player may as well still be on a Barcelona contract and out on loan, subject to recall at the end of the loan period - which means the deal in my view should be illegal but oh well.
Oh so Gerard doesn't have a choice? I thought we just had to accept if they bid 9m but they'd have to come to a deal with Del as well.

Oh so Gerard doesn't have a choice? I thought we just had to accept if they bid 9m but they'd have to come to a deal with Del as well.

That's the way I interpreted the interview. He said there is "nothing we can do if they activate it". He didn't say it would be up to Deulofeu.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/19/everton-gerard-deulofeu-barcelona-buyback-clause

So unless told otherwise I view that as basically a loan for two years, where we are compensated for our trouble if they recall him after 12 or 24 months.

Regardless of any clause, if he was gonna go anywhere it would have been to Barca.

Alba, Pique and Fabregas were all released at a young(er) age and ended up back there, don't think there release clauses were triggered

Not at all. It's how they do buisness. And if they're willing to take him back come next year, it'll mean he'll have got us into the CL.

Quit complaining, it's a good deal.

I will complain all I want. Any other team would of got the deal done and bought him outright, not thrown a couple of million at them knowing fully well they would get 3 times that twelve months later.

That's the way I interpreted the interview. He said there is "nothing we can do if they activate it". He didn't say it would be up to Deulofeu.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/19/everton-gerard-deulofeu-barcelona-buyback-clause

So unless told otherwise I view that as basically a loan for two years, where we are compensated for our trouble if they recall him after 12 or 24 months.
That doesn't make any sense tho. We paid £4m for his signature. I read that as 'nothing we can do about agreeing a fee'. We've known from day 1 with this there was a sell back clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back