Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was superb today, my motm and the frightening thing is I actually think he's going to get better. I reckon he's at about 85% match fitness/sharpness as he's missed a lot of togger the past year.

That run in the first half where he really opened up and ran like a ferret on a bag of beak shows you the level of performance this kid can reach.

Barcelona can get to fook as far as I'm concerned, he's loved here and this is the best place for him. I'm foaming at the mouth like Sean Ryder of the Happy Mondays after 6 packets of rennies for heartburn even talking about him.

HE. IS. BOSS.

I can totally see a Wenger or Mourinho commenting on him as a diver and the tag sticking

The media love an anti-Everton story and would definitely run with it

aye...only needs to happen in a game against one of the Sky clubs and it'll affect most of our future games, as the seed's been planted.

and the media would run with it, as they're kopite-infested (at least that's something Mourinho has also tried to openly criticise).

Don't tag me in this thread and I won't come in and ruin your fapp session over young Gerald by making reasonable criticisms about him

I think he's exceedingly talented and I'm glad we have him at the club, but I'm not going to give him a free pass when it comes to things he could do better or improve

I'm happy to stay away from this particular thread and leave you all to your unfettered worship. So if you leave me alone, I won't come in here and harsh your buzz

I've been tagged in here twice in the last week. Don't tag me in here and cry like little bishes when I come in with some reasoned criticism of your beloved

Don't tag me in this thread and I won't come in and ruin your fapp session over young Gerald by making reasonable criticisms about him

I think he's exceedingly talented and I'm glad we have him at the club, but I'm not going to give him a free pass when it comes to things he could do better or improve

I'm happy to stay away from this particular thread and leave you all to your unfettered worship. So if you leave me alone, I won't come in here and harsh your buzz

I've been tagged in here twice in the last week. Don't tag me in here and cry like little bishes when I come in with some reasoned criticism of your beloved
He's not perfect but he is the one player I'd say can be the difference between a draw and a win.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald

Couple more instances where he went down really easy today. I really wish he wouldn't do that

Some genuine grumbles about it in my section today, and I think there'll be more if someone doesn't reign him in a bit

Still, he's a very talented young man. By no means the finished article though

You know, we are going to get nowhere if we adopt a holier than thou attitude, Mikey.

I can't understand you dwelling on that after a performance like today.

Whether we like it or not, diving exists and it ain't going away.

Gerald gave another sparkling performance today.......for the first time in ages we have a player who makes the heart race faster when he gets on the ball.

That is what people I speak to in the match talk about when discussing Del....not the odd dive or trying to make the most of it when someone makes a slight contact with him.

Let other fans moan about his "diving"..... Lord know there ain't a set of fans in the country haven't had a "diver" representing them at one time or another so they can take a running jump.

Evertonians need only appreciate the thrills he is bringing to the party every time the team takes the field these days :)

He reminds me of a young Ryan Giggs.

Oooh high praise Esk, probably my favourite non Everton player ever ( been a naughty boy off it so just keeping to football opinion only ;) )

I think I may have said Del reminded me of someone even better when we played Fulham away in the League cup a couple of years back. I won't say the players name as it was high praise indeed but he has something special that not many players are gifted with - pace and unpredictability coupled with a quick progression of being tactically aware of what is required from him.

You know, we are going to get nowhere if we adopt a holier than thou attitude, Mikey.

I can't understand you dwelling on that after a performance like today.

Whether we like it or not, diving exists and it ain't going away.

Gerald gave another sparkling performance today.......for the first time in ages we have a player who makes the heart race faster when he gets in the ball.

That is what people I speak to in the match talk about when discussing Del....not the odd dive or trying to make the most of it when someone makes a slight contact with him.

Let other fans moan about his "diving"..... Lord know there ain't a set of fans in the country haven't had a "diver" representing them at one time or another so they can take a running jump.

Evertonians need only appreciate the thrills he is bringing to the party every time the team takes the field these days :)

Very perfectly put mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back