Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really if this is the sort of player that results from looking at Iniesta soaping himself down in the shower after a game then we should really pack all of the youth team off to the Camp Nou home changing rooms to gawp a bit.

he isn't anything like as bad a "diver" as you are trying to make him out to be.

The concern is that we'll have another AJ situation where his card gets marked, it just needs one Sky Club manager sore in defeat to complain about it in post-match. The second concern is just a general distaste for diving, we've never been that keen on it.

But i agree @Mikey_Fitzgerald has been a little too focussed on this relatively small negative aspect in light of the huge positive Del's brought us today...it's just his way to ignite debate x

Also agree with the general sentiment most of us have that we need to be more snide, more mean, more sneaky. Less of the nice-guys-come-last approach. More pen appeals, more pressuring the ref, more hard but legal(ish) tackles on key opposition. Show them they're in a game!

Personally i draw the line at diving, feigning injury and the kind of two-footed assaults we've seen Liverpool captains get away with over the years. But all else is fair game and we should use it, we've been on the receiving end often enough.

Right, I don't want to be in this thread anymore, so I'll finish on this and if everyone could then leave me alone, that would be great

Gerard is a talented player with a huge upside. Isn't afraid to take players on and has a great cross in him. I hope we can hold onto him and don't lose him to barca or another side

However, he's not the finished article and goes down far to easy. If he's not careful, he'll get a reputation. Hopefully someone has a word with him. On the whole though the positives far out weigh the negatives in my opinion. He's only going to get better

I disagree lad

Really if this is the sort of player that results from looking at Iniesta soaping himself down in the shower after a game then we should really pack all of the youth team off to the Camp Nou home changing rooms to gawp a bit.
Would Iniesta and the seniors get to have their way with the youth kids after the shower in an "Ancient Greek manner"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back