Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just enjoy the lad for what he is, a great player against lower level sides

Watch him in our next big game (spurs at home) he won't get a sniff

Could someone clarify Del's position in plain man's language for me.

If Barcelona wish to activate their "buy back" clause at the end of the season are we powerless to stop it?

That is the impression I got from Bobby's comments the other day and from what Martin Keown said on MOTD last night.

Brilliant little player. Offers us so much. Still has to do it against bigger sides but i'll take him for however long well keep him. Looking at barca last night he'd be better off stick with us for couple years. Neymar bucktooth and messi are top 3 in world and he won't get game time. He be better off there transfer straight in team in 3/4 years rather than mess about on bench eating tapas

Could someone clarify Del's position in plain man's language for me.

If Barcelona wish to activate their "buy back" clause at the end of the season are we powerless to stop it?

That is the impression I got from Bobby's comments the other day and from what Martin Keown said on MOTD last night.

If Barca did choose to activate the buy-back clause the only thing that could stop the move is Geri himself. Bobby is unable to reject the move but Geri is. If he loves the club and knows that he'd be warming the bench at Barca the move won't happen. And even in the unlikely case that it does, if Barca try to sell him or loan him after bringing him back we have the right of first refusal.

Just enjoy the lad for what he is, a great player against lower level sides

Watch him in our next big game (spurs at home) he won't get a sniff

He was anonymous against Arsenal at the Emirates in his first season like....

Don't think we've got a big enough sample of big games he's played in to say he goes missing in them like.

How long was the contract he signed back in the summer? Was it for 3 years or 4?
doesn't matter really. If Barca want him back they get him. Nowt we can do. £6 million after one year, £9 million after two years etc etc. If however Barca decide they don't want him after they've bought him back, we get first option at the price Barca paid us.

Reactions: FTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back