Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't matter really. If Barca want him back they get him. Nowt we can do. £6 million after one year, £9 million after two years etc etc. If however Barca decide they don't want him after they've bought him back, we get first option at the price Barca paid us.

Of course, that's if Enrique and the rest of the club want him back.

Unrelated, I was walking down Goodison Road after the match last night and Deulofeu drove past with the window of his 07 Focus rolled down. I can't report what he said verbatim but the gist was that Enrique's mar's had more stuffings than a turkey farm in December and that all Catalans are pyar wools.

It's been dealt with.
Quit playing the ref, or you'll be infracted for going off-topic. You've been here for years so should know by now there's a report post function. We'd prefer it if people use that rather than escalate things within a thread.
I used the report button but it didnt work. Playing the ref?? There was no obvious action taking and that's the way the thread went. Incredible really

...still 66-1 to be PFA young player of the year. Not the worst bet in the world.
You'd think so thinking objectively he'd have a chance, but then in my own humble opinion the PFA awards aren't always entirely objective.

The majority of the times the awardee is a native of the UK; twelve out of the last fifteen awards have been British born players.

The others three been Hazard, Fàbregas and Cristiano Ronaldo who are arguably exceptional (high-profile) talents. It's not an easy award to win.

Unless his performances maintain phenomenal throughout the season then I can't see it happening. More likely for Stones or Barkley to get it.

Again, when Martial and Sterling are both at 5/1 (fav), and Depay at 16/1 you know it's also which club you play for that can swing such a vote.

Also on a little side note, we've never had a player who has won the award. Lineker and Reid are the only two who won the senior award as well.

You'd think so thinking objectively he'd have a chance, but then in my own humble opinion the PFA awards aren't always entirely objective.

The majority of the times the awardee is a native of the UK; twelve out of the last fifteen awards have been British born players.

The others three been Hazard, Fàbregas and Cristiano Ronaldo who are arguably exceptional (high-profile) talents. It's not an easy award to win.

Unless his performances maintain phenomenal throughout the season then I can't see it happening. More likely for Stones or Barkley to get it.

Also, when Martial and Sterling are both at 5/1 (fav), and Depay at 16/1 you know it's also which club you play for that can swing such a vote.

.....I think you're right. It probably needs us to win a cup and him be stand out in the final. As you say, it's about profile and unfortunately our players don't have. Interesting, though, that Stones, Barkley and Lukaku are short in the betting. We do have some talented players.

.....I think you're right. It probably needs us to win a cup and him be stand out in the final. As you say, it's about profile and unfortunately our players don't have. Interesting, though, that Stones, Barkley and Lukaku are short in the betting. We do have some talented players.
Two are now established England internationals. Romelu is an established Premier League player who yesterday joined an elite bracket of players.

They quite clearly match the 'image' required to win the award much more than young Delby does. Not English and not yet established.

Kane has been much quieter this season and is at 10/1, while Rom is only at 12/1 when playing well. Berahino is ahead of Delboy as well at 44/1.

Apart from his few flourishes to start what has Martial done to deserve to be favourite? Sterling the same question?

I'm sure other teams have done this recently but my memory is that bad lately I can't remember who ... But if I were Everton I'd be offering Barca money to jib the buyback clause off . Not even bothered if it's £10m . This kid is vital to a potent Everton attack and an absolute joy to watch in a blue shirt .

Actually I think sociedad bought Carlos Vela out of his buyback clause from Arsenal

I'm sure other teams have done this recently but my memory is that bad lately I can't remember who ... But if I were Everton I'd be offering Barca money to jib the buyback clause off . Not even bothered if it's £10m . This kid is vital to a potent Everton attack and an absolute joy to watch in a blue shirt .

Actually I think sociedad bought Carlos Vela out of his buyback clause from Arsenal
That would obviously depend on Barcelona excepting such a deal. If we're offering them more money then clearly we think he's performing well.

I'm sure they'd think exactly the same based on recent performances, so why would it be in their interest to allow such a transaction?

As a club they're not that bothered about money; they're interested in talent. Better to wait out and see... that's worth more than £10m to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back