Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would obviously depend on Barcelona excepting such a deal. If we're offering them more money then clearly we think he's performing well.

I'm sure they'd think exactly the same based on recent performances, so why would it be in their interest to allow such a transaction?

As a club they're not that bothered about money; they're interested in talent. Better to wait out and see... that's worth more than £10m to them.
you don't ask you don't get mate. Barca have never given him a chance and even Louis Enrique ( who coached him at Barca b and supposedly had faith in him) sent him packing the last 2 summers .

It's just an idea but he'd be worth every penny

It's just an idea but he'd be worth every penny
I totally agree and I'd hope that Barca would accept such a proposition, I just do not expect them to be that naive (well stupid) to do so.

Looking at it objectively, he wouldn't have got into the Barca XI last season; there were also questions about his attitude from within the club.

Sending him on loan wasn't a sign of bad faith, but rather considering his development. Does sending Garbutt to Fulham show a lack of faith?

He then struggled at Sevilla (Emry again questioning his attitude) which arguably justified Enrique's decision in letting him out of loan.

Yet, they still thought enough to allow him to go on the cheap with a clever recall fee included: it's all about his development as a player.

Now he's starting to show consistent, mature and high-grade performances I'm sure they'll look at him again. They'll keep looking!

Also, don't forget he's a Barca kid at heart so regardless of what's happened in the past I'm sure he'll still have some loyalty towards the club.

Basically I'd LOVE him to stay here permanently, but as long as he performs well then I doubt we'll find out if that'll happen anytime soon.

I totally agree and I'd hope that Barca would accept such a proposition, I just do not expect them to be that naive (well stupid) to do so.

Looking at it objectively, he wouldn't have got into the Barca XI last season; there were also questions about his attitude from within the club.

Sending him on loan wasn't a sign of bad faith, but rather considering his development. Does sending Garbutt to Fulham show a lack of faith?

He then struggled at Sevilla (Emry again questioning his attitude) which arguably justified Enrique's decision in letting him out of loan.

Yet, they still thought enough to allow him to go on the cheap with a clever recall fee included: it's all about his development as a player.

Now he's starting to show consistent, mature and high-grade performances I'm sure they'll look at him again. They'll keep looking!

Also, don't forget he's a Barca kid at heart so regardless of what's happened in the past I'm sure he'll still have some loyalty towards the club.

Basically I'd LOVE him to stay here permanently, but as long as he performs well then I doubt we'll find out if that'll happen anytime soon.
i can't argue with any of that . Like us all, I'm just Desperate to see him stay. No player has got me off my seat like he has since Kanchelskis and he ended up buggering off after 18 months . As a 12 year old kid that stung for months

i can't argue with any of that . Like us all, I'm just Desperate to see him stay. No player has got me off my seat like he has since Kanchelskis and he ended up buggering off after 18 months . As a 12 year old kid that stung for months
Same. Andre was a great talent and I worry that Delboy may be the same, but that was the risk we took by taking a cheap price with a clause.

If it doesn't pay off then we've not spent much on him. If he plays 'well', but not enough that Barca want him back, then we've got a great deal.

On the other hand, if he develops into an exceptional player then we'd risk losing him again for a small price. With hindsight it may seem silly.

I used the report button but it didnt work. Playing the ref?? There was no obvious action taking and that's the way the thread went. Incredible really
Sometimes things are dealt with in a way that is visible, and somethings are dealt with behind the scenes.

For example, if we threadban a member, we have to announce it because you lot don't see that someone has been threadbanned - sometimes a PM is sent for example, and you wouldn't be aware of it if you're not included.

On the other hand, sometimes infractions are issued, threads locked etc and you see these actions.

But don't assume that just because you don't see something, that nothing's been done. Always use the report function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back