Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald

From the bottom of our heart

Hes no Gary Mackay-Stevens amiright @Mikey_Fitzgerald

How's about that then ?

What an immense player we have here for two seasons.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald stop tagging me
Pack this right in. This is not up for debate, this is not a trigger for discussion, just stop it.

Thanks.

Fantastic performance by Delboy once again and maybe to some extent it is unfair that people are focusing more on his Tom Daly antics.

However, personally I think it is a genuine criticism (well frustration) that fans have towards an aspect of his game as he doesn't need to dive.

He clearly has both the pace and technical ability to get past a man without needing to participate in some ludicrous theatrical display.

If he gets past the man then he may be able to offer an outlay; if he doesn't then he may actually be fouled properly and get a foul anyway.

Instead, it almost seems as if he chooses that the easier option is to try and win a foul. The problem is he isn't very good at it like Pienaar was!

If he carries on then he will soon start to gain a reputation for diving which will then be detrimental to him and others.

Overall, a great game yesterday from a great player. I'd just like to see him reigning in his actions that Laurence Olivier would be happy with.

Every time this lad receives the ball, something is likely 'on'....and from a humble fan's perspective, isn't that what sport is all about?
He has an x factor that is more than a bit je ne sais quoi.
If Everton can keep this team together, Geri, Ross, Rom and John (et al)will create something very, very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back