Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask, why in all these stories does everyone get scared and run or freak out?

Get your phone out, take a picture and stop being farts.

What honestly could a ghost do?
Whilst I've never been injured by a ghost I've seen a door slammed by an invisible entity with such force that it could easily cause serious harm to the hardest of men. When I was 19 I was working as a self employed joiner with a mate a few years older doing contract work for a major travel agents. Our job was to survey buildings and ensure they conformed to fire regulations and if not we would get whatever materials needed on order and do the upgrades ourselves. We had to survey a store in Preston, those local will note there is/was two travel agents more or less opposite one another, we arrive and introduce ourselves to the manager and the other girls and they leave us to it whilst we have a good luck at the building, me mate wasn't too well so he was on bog duty whilst I did all the work, the building was very old, 4 floors but only the ground floor had permanent staff and the second was used for storing their inventory of holiday catalogues, the first two floors were sound and needed nothing doing, the third floor had two asbestos doors but one was okay to be upgraded to a fire resistant door and the fourth required a further 3 doors, 20 minutes later and my mate meets me back at the van, he asks me if I felt a bad atmosphere in the building, I didn't know what he was going on about at first but he explained he'd been stuck on the toilet and although the bathroom wasn't very big he felt like somebody was watching him have a poo, He was clearly unnerved and upto this point I'd never had a conversation with him about ghosts so i was intrigued as I'd felt nothing to suggest the place may have been haunted.

I know for a fact it exists. a person that know nothing about me described in detail how my passed away grandfather looked like. ( even the detail about him having a glass eye).

3 weeks later and we get an email the stores have arrived for the Preston job, I was taking the mick out of me mate singing scooby doo in the van on the way there, he was at that point having a laugh himself despite admitting he wasn't looking forward to returning there. We park the van, get our tools to make a start, say hi to the girls, quick brew and we start the job, me mate set his tressels up on the second floor getting the first door ready meanwhile I went up to the fourth to start taking the old doors off, to refresh myself I did a quick assessment of the floor, three rooms, no windows, no furniture, one way/out in via the stairwell, one door was easy to take off, the others had their hinges painted over about 10 times so a pain to unscrew. Whilst digging into the paint of door number 2 something down the hallway caught my eye, I turned to see that door number 3 had began to slowly move, I'd left it open and it had no self-closing device fitted so this was unusual to say the least, it glides about half way and then with exceptional force slammed shut seemingly causing a small tremor I was so shocked I just legged it down the stairs, me mates stopped what he's doing and is on the stairs, "you hurt yourself then lad, what was the bang?" Effin run lad! Was all I could muster, we reach the bottom of the four flights of stairs and stopped at the bottom in a state of shock, "are you alright lads, what was that noise?", the manager had heard all the commotion. I explained every detail what happened even down to my mates funny feeling a few weeks prior and she not only believed us but had her own experiences in the building, she said the girls who worked in store go the toilet in pairs because of the being watched feeling and don't go anywhere but the ground floor in the building alone because a staff member had been assaulted by something invisible in the past. Apparently a girl in her teens started working at the store and would giggle at the other girls scared to go upstairs on their own and was happy to do go anywhere on her own, until one day she legs it out the shop in hysterics leaving her belongings and not saying a word, concerned the manger visits her house with the girls stuff and her mother invited her in. The girl had calmed down enough to tell the manager what happened, apparently she was collecting catalogues from the second floor and began to feel she wasn't alone, she picked her catalogues and as she goes to leave the room something grabbed her ponytail and pulled her on her arse, she was that scared she didn't return to the store. Sorry about paragraphs I'm on iPhone and can't do them

It would be a bit disappointing if some said No and Yes respectively
I'm kind of like that though. I don't believe in ghosts as such. It's clearly not rational and I don't walk round scared of seeing one, but I have had some experiences I can't explain.

Remember coming down the stairs when I was a teenager & seeing a woman in the kitchen. Could only have been my mum so I started talking, and then she answered from the living room. There was nobody else in the house. I was too scared to look back at where I'd seen the woman once I'd looked away...

I'm kind of like that though. I don't believe in ghosts as such. It's clearly not rational and I don't walk round scared of seeing one, but I have had some experiences I can't explain.

Remember coming down the stairs when I was a teenager & seeing a woman in the kitchen. Could only have been my mum so I started talking, and then she answered from the living room. There was nobody else in the house. I was too scared to look back at where I'd seen the woman once I'd looked away...
If I was a teenager chatting to a strange woman in the kitchen I wouldn't believe my luck. Spirit or no spirit, I'd still want to see tits.

We've done this before once or twice, but it's my ball, and I'm going home with it. Or something.

Anyway, Ghosts.

Do you believe they exist?

I didn't. I thought anyone who did is a bit of a wrong'un.

Then, I saw one in the Adelphi hotel.

Honest to god.

And if god wants to argue about it, I'll go toe-to-toe.

This ghost was a bloke, walked around the bed I was on - smiled directed at me - and put his thumb up, then he walked through the wall.

I know, I know. Typing this I'm thinking 'What a nob...' but I know what I saw. I wasn't tired, drunk, hungover - it wasn't a blur, I saw it in detail. The ghost even had a towel wrapped around his waist ffs.

Anyway - after seeing this ghost in 2008 - I had this sent to me;

Type: Haunting Manifestation
Date / Time: 1970
Further Comments: George has been seen several times standing by beds on the fifth floor.

This article was 2015;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/top-10-most-haunted-places-9472548

Adelphi Hotel

I was on the fifth floor...

So then. Ghosts.

Have you ever seen one?

Are people who believe in them freaks?

Actually, no - forget that question. Lets stick with;

Ghosts.
  • Do you believe in them?
  • Have you ever seen one?
Are you actually serious?

My wife see's ghosts quite often, Always at night, She wakes me up screaming sometimes, Tbh...Gets right on me tats, not to mention I don't sleep after.
Ok I don't / didn't believe but for some reason lately I have woken up but still feel asleep, Heavy eyed and my vision is dreamlike...really weird feeling. I saw a fella sitting on my drawers, he slowly climbed off and walked towards my side of the bed. I shouted at my wife to wake up, She did but couldnt see nowt. Thing is I SWEAR i saw him, frankly scared me sideways...can't explain it other than this sleep paralysis thingy, I couldnt move and the vision was as clear as day. I presume it's medically explainable but for some real ghost believers I can see how they don't doubt its outer worldy

@jaycee

c25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back