Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sakes! Ive been at the Adelphi two times but luckily didnt see no effing ghost...smf was quite pale but Im fairly certain he aint no ghost.

We've done this before once or twice, but it's my ball, and I'm going home with it. Or something.

Anyway, Ghosts.

Do you believe they exist?

I didn't. I thought anyone who did is a bit of a wrong'un.

Then, I saw one in the Adelphi hotel.

Honest to god.

And if god wants to argue about it, I'll go toe-to-toe.

This ghost was a bloke, walked around the bed I was on - smiled directed at me - and put his thumb up my arse, then he walked through the wall.

I know, I know. Typing this I'm thinking 'What a nob...' but I know what I saw. I wasn't tired, drunk, hungover - it wasn't a blur, I saw it in detail. The ghost even had a towel wrapped around his waist ffs.

Anyway - after seeing this ghost in 2008 - I had this sent to me;

Type: Haunting Manifestation
Date / Time: 1970
Further Comments: George has been seen several times standing by beds on the fifth floor.

This article was 2015;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/top-10-most-haunted-places-9472548

Adelphi Hotel

I was on the fifth floor...

So then. Ghosts.

Have you ever seen one?

Are people who believe in them freaks?

Actually, no - forget that question. Lets stick with;

Ghosts.
  • Do you believe in them?
  • Have you ever seen one?
That's scary stuff.

Don't believe in religions, love reading Dawkins and Hitchens etc... and shouldn't believe in ghosts as it flies in the face of everything that's possible. But experienced some weird stuff over the years that just makes no sense.

Used to be a Licensee for a major brewery and was managing a bar in the Cavern Quarter of Liverpool city center. The building was fairly old and had been used as a warehouse in times gone by. But there was a lot of strange little things happening I'd lock up of a night and come in next morning to find things moved around, you would sometimes hear low voices in the cellar which housed the kitchen, office, storerooms and staffrooms. One Monday afternoon we'd just had the dinnertime rush and I was standing on one side of the bar talking to the barman, the chef had came out of the cellar and was getting a coffee chatting away when he suddenly lurched forward. We started to laugh as we thought he'd tripped but he looked around horrified saying someone had just punched him in the back of the head. We just thought he'd lost it but as I walked over to him the light at the top of the cellar steps violently exploded followed one by one of every light running down into the cellar, bang bang bang bang bang then through to the corridor bypassing the kitchen. Then we heard a major crash from downstairs, the three of us legged it outside into the street and just stood staring at each other wondering what the hell was happening at 2.30pm on a sunny July day. After about 20 minutes we got the bottle to go back inside but the fuses had blown so we had to go downstairs in the cellar in the pitch black, there was glass everywhere as the lights and the covers had all exploded, the kitchen had cutlery strewn around the floor and there were smashed fruit juice bottles in the corridor to the side.
We turned the fuses on, turned the cookers ovens and tills off, I put everything in the safe without counting it phoned a spark and got out and locked the place up and sat in the pub opposite having a beer till the electrician turned up. He found nothing wrong and the lights that had smashed were on 3 different circuit boards. Over the next few weeks the shape of a large man was seen in the corridor next to the kitchen by different members of staff and shadows kept going past the staff room to the extent no=one would take a break down there and would only go downstairs 2 at a time. One of the barman a big groc came to my office door ashen faced and bricking it and said "There's a guy standing standing in the corridor just behind me and you can see right through him", we had video on the cctv of empty pint glasses just jumping of the shelves and noises/voices coming from the cellar when the pub was closed in the middle of the night. In fact when we'd come in of a morning we'd just watch the cctv to see what had gone on that night. I took my dog in one sunday morning when I was cleaning the lines and the dog was terrified clawing at the door and yelping to get out there. Dodgy as hell the whole thing.

I've seen/experienced more then one, all weird and unusual but first hand stories. Firstly when I was a young lad of 5, I remember waking up in bed and rolling over to see a man in a mariner/sailor type clothing who was a solid figure but I could see through him, at the time I slept with the light on as I was scared of the dark so it certainly wasn't a shadow. I was that scared I remember staring for ages at it hoping it would leave, I'd duck under the quilt and pop out and it was still there, so scared I couldn't make a sound, I hid under the quilt for what seemed like an eternity and when I eventually took a look he was gone. I went in to my parents room who assured me it was a nightmare and I'd be okay. I'm in my twenties now and I asked my mum and dad if they remembered that night and they told me something I'll never forget. A few weeks after that night my mum took me on a visit to my aunt's house on the Wirral, she was quite old and didn't have much for me to do so I ended up exploring her rather big house, my mum said I came running down the stairs excitedly shouting her name, I gave her a picture frame and told her "look mum that's the man who was in my room". You can imagine everyone's face when it was a cherished photo of my mums uncle and aunties husband who had died 7 years before I was born, he was a sailor who died falling off his boat off the coast of France. Freaked me out as I can only remember the night I saw him and not the visit to my aunts afterwards, at a loss to explain that experience!

Don't believe myself but when I lived at home when younger , of a nightime you could hear the sound of marching soldiers which was quite scary, apparently the house was built on the site of an old Roman Road. I know what I heard but I still don't believe haha.

Thinking back, a lot of scary stuff used to happen when I lived at home. A lot of the time i'd be there on my own at night as my mum more or less lived with her partner at the time who she shortly afterwards married. Anyway I put it down to sleep paralasys as 3 or 4 times a week I would wake in the night unable to move or speak but could feel a force pinning me down or hitting me..... even trying to drag me out of bed... like I say it could have been a dream I suppose but it happened too often... I still won't sleep in that house again though.

Thinking back, a lot of scary stuff used to happen when I lived at home. A lot of the time i'd be there on my own at night as my mum more or less lived with her partner at the time who she shortly afterwards married. Anyway I put it down to sleep paralasys as 3 or 4 times a week I would wake in the night unable to move or speak but could feel a force pinning me down or hitting me..... even trying to drag me out of bed... like I say it could have been a dream I suppose but it happened too often... I still won't sleep in that house again though.

It's called night terrors that mate. My lad suffers from them. Very frightening, it's a form of sleep walking.

I ain't afraid no ghost :blush:

Who ya gonna call?

e0305164_23464593.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back