Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be like deja vu where your mind is sure you've seen something before because of accidentally stimulating a certain part of your brain or something? (Sparing you be exact details because I don't know them)

So maybe could you have not seen it at that time but dreamt it and your brain has "filed" it in the wrong place?

I think most people who see ghosts are telling what they think is the truth, but I reckon their minds are playing tricks on them.

I've had an "experience" myself but I blame it on fear and dreams.

This is the confusing part Yorkie, some people witness/see paranormal figures but then convince themselves they are just imagining it. Then they sit there thinking about it for ages & try to convince themselves they didn't see it. Sometimes there Is no logical reason to suggest anything other than they did see what they claimed to see.

Don't believe they exist no.

It is a trigger of the imagination, hence why you only ever see them when it is dark or sacred. You never see one in the day, nor do you see one in a fully lit room.

Me and a gang of mates saw one in broad daylight when we were kids in the grounds of what was then La Sagesse school in Aigburth. The school had a very old convent within the grounds which was centuries old, which was reputed to be haunted ( now a housing estate ).

The school was shut and we were walking down a straight path towards the old convent, we could see everything in front of us and there was nothing in front of us other than the path. Out of nowhere a Nun dressed all in grey appeared about fifty yards in front of us. She had her head bowed and there was nowhere she could've come from without us seeing her. We all turned to run and as we turned she was behind us, again head bowed. Everyone of us saw her on both occasions and we really did s**t ourselves and didn't stop running until we got home.

I'm not saying it was a ghost, but all of us saw it and there was nowhere that the nun could've come from without seeing her first .

This is the confusing part Yorkie, some people witness/see paranormal figures but then convince themselves they are just imagining it. Then they sit there thinking about it for ages & try to convince themselves they didn't see it. Sometimes there Is no logical reason to suggest anything other than they did see what they claimed to see.
Yeah definitely. I think the more time afterwards the more we dismiss it as imagination. However this is when fear and astonishment has dissipated. Only just seen this follow up post by GOT:

I thought the same - only seeing one (or at least, what I understand to be a 'Ghost') made me change my mind.

I know what I saw, in daylight.

I even checked around the room at the time thinking someone was taking the piss with a projector or something.

I'm considered sane. I have to have regular eye tests, last one was two weeks ago, still don't need glasses.

So either;
  1. The event really happened, just as the person has reported.
  2. The person truly believes that the event has happened, but it has not.
  3. The person is fabricating a story for some reason.
No reason/motive to be 3, given no benefit and it makes me out to be considered a tool.

I'm between 1 and 2, logic dictates it never happened, but I'll go to my death adamant I saw what I saw.
I believe most experienced are a 2

Don't believe in them and never seen one but couple of weird things happened in a previous job that i can't explain. The only thing i could rule out was pranks being played on me as it would've been physically impossible for someone to do this without me seeing them.
Care to explain?

I don't not believe in them.
Never seen one.

I don't believe in ghosts and I've never seen one and why in this age of camera phones has nobody ever got a picture of one

good grief, of course they dont exist

No
No

They dont exist. Maybe it is a rip in the fabric of space/time.

Don't believe they exist no.

It is a trigger of the imagination, hence why you only ever see them when it is dark or sacred. You never see one in the day, nor do you see one in a fully lit room.

I ain't afraid no ghost :blush:

no I don't beleive in them

Don't believe in them and never seen one

No I don't and much like god if I was presented with evidence of their existence I would have reassess everything i've ever thought about life.

Science says no. Until there is evidence, or a supposed hypothesis

There's no such thing as ghosts anyway so makes no odds who has seen one.
I will haunt you all

**fades out**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back