Gordon Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyT65

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Not everyones cup of tea -
Some great (and not so great) memories for me!
Just said on Everton Show
To Sir Phil Carter when he was manager.
"gunna play some young lads including Graeme Sharp, might not be best for me but best for Everton " - fair doos Mr Lee!

Pretty much every player who played for him hold him in great esteem.

But , in hindsight, he had a decent side, unfortunately, Clough chipped up, and Liverpool bought players like Souness, Hanson and KK.

The 70's were actually pretty decent for Everton...just not when you compare it with the 60's and 80's and the Devil's club of the 70's. Toffs would have bit your hand off for those league finishes in the 90's and early Oughts.

The 70's were actually pretty successful for Everton...just not when you compare it with the 60's and 80's and the Devil's club of the 70's. Toffs would have bit your hand off for those league finishes in the 90's and early Oughts.

They wernt mate. We won jack, after winning the league at the end of the 60s.

We were a good side, by and large, mind.

Pretty much every player who played for him hold him in great esteem.

But , in hindsight, he had a decent side, unfortunately, Clough chipped up, and Liverpool bought players like Souness, Hanson and KK.

This is it.

Gordon caught a Tartar with Forest that season.

Without them we would probably have won the league that season.....although we finished third in the end, without Forest in the race I think we would have kicked on after Christmas and won it.

Same with Spurs last season.....their hearts were broken by Leicester and ran out of desire at the end, finishing third.

We finished a lot lower than third, though, most of the time...

Aye, indeed. CBA to trawl the record books, but I think the season Forest won the league, we were up there. (3rd, 4th? cant remember) That following summer, Liverpool bought them 3 players, and we basically, didnt get much in.

They wernt mate. We won jack, after winning the league at the end of the 60s.

We were a good side, by and large, mind.

Year: Pts Place
1969–70 66 1
1970–71 37 14
1971–72 36 15
1972–73 37 17
1973–74 44 7
1974–75 50 4
1975–76 42 11
1976–77 42 9
1977–78 51 3
1978–79 51 4

That's not bad.