Gordon Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had worse since tho - the nightmare of his reign was what the shoite did more than what he did wrong!

Dont know Khal losing the league cup when we were the better side,robbed of a fa cup final,3rd place,4th place after great runs put together a run of 18 matches with 2 loses and a 19 match run not a bad record all things considered

Oh, I am a great fan of Gordon's, Jay.

Those two league seasons at the end of the 70s was easily our best football between Harry's second title and Howard's first.

I wasn't decrying him :)

I was just saying that falling at the final fence in the League Cup in '77 was also the first fence for him as well because he only became manager in between the two semi finals.

Billy was fired in between that never to be forgotten night we hammered the Mancs at Old Trafford and the first leg against Bolton in the semi....Steve Burtenshaw taking the reins :)

(but of course....any attempt at humour has failed miserably when one has to explain it :blush:)

We've had worse since tho - the nightmare of his reign was what the shoite did more than what he did wrong!

Yep. For an awful lot of Blues, the memories of the 70s are Big Bobs 30 goal season, Andy Kings winner, and probably the worst ever League Cup final in living memory.

Andy king Bob Latchford Martin Dobson Duncan Mckenzie Dave Thomas great attacking line up. Unfortunately we also had Dave Lawson Terry Darracott Geoff Nulty and Trevor Ross. They weren't so good. Love watchinever games from the 70s on YouTube or darios thread

Oh, I am a great fan of Gordon's, Jay.

Those two league seasons at the end of the 70s was easily our best football between Harry's second title and Howard's first.

I wasn't decrying him :)

I was just saying that falling at the final fence in the League Cup in '77 was also the first fence for him as well because he only became manager in between the two semi finals.

Billy was fired in between that never to be forgotten night we hammered the Mancs at Old Trafford and the first leg against Bolton in the semi....Steve Burtenshaw taking the reins :)

(but of course....any attempt at humour has failed miserably when one has to explain it :blush:)
I remember the season well,first one I managed every league and cup game,I thought it was the Swindon replay he took charge of,or was that him getting introduced to the crowd?

Wasn't as bad as some make out like.

Absolutely, Lou.

Won the title in 1970.

F.A. Cup semi final and long European run in 1971.

Great run for the Title in '75 only to chuck it away in the dying days (Carlisle rotten United :mad:)

League Cup finalists and F.A. Cup semi finalists in 1977 (would have been dual finalists, at least, but for Clive Satan Thomas :rant:)

Long unbeaten runs and came close in the title race in both '77/78 and '78/79.

And above all, we had Big Bob ;)

Plus 'ol Khal was in his prime and loving the Disco era :dance:

In short.....the 70s weren't as bad for Everton as many believe.

I remember the season well,first one I managed every league and cup game,I thought it was the Swindon replay he took charge of,or was that him getting introduced to the crowd?

Indeed.

That came in between the two semi finals, I believe.

Though you know know what my memory is like these days :(

But Steve was deffo in charge of the first Bolton game....then Gordon for the second.

Indeed.

That came in between the two semi finals, I believe.

Though you know know what my memory is like these days :(

But Steve was deffo in charge of the first Bolton game....then Gordon for the second.
Pretty much the same memory wise mate,just had a vague memory of him being there for the Swindon replay,I cant remember whether we won that at the death or in extra time I just remember winning

Status
Not open for further replies.