Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better now, slow healing process from everything that's happened to me lately. Most is already in a certain thread in the Everton forum.

Thinking of hitting the gym as well when I go back, a great mate of mine is a massive gym goer and promised to help me make some MAD GAINZ and with that I hope I can feel more comfortable with myself too...
Defo mate. More time with your mate, relieve some stress in the gym while getting stronger. Win win win

Did a good mountain bike event at the weekend - 30 miles at the top of the Peak district. Very mixed terrain - once everything calms down a bit you get in some great battles with the riders around you, it's v obvious what everyone's strengths and weaknesses are, who's breathing out their aris and won't be able to hang etc.
I was in a group of 3 or 4 roadie types, strong on the climbs but slow on the descents - in short course racing these lads (and one lass) would batter me as you never make up enough time downhill, but on a longer course things even out. Yo-yo'd about all race, but I got a bit complacent as I knew there was a mile long singletrack descent towards the end that I'd put them all to bed on. Ended up conceding too much time going in to it, and whilst I passed them all there was a vicious road climb right at the very end and two of them came back to beat me. Good race, came 20th out of 90 or so riders overall.

I've just joined a gym again today and for the first time in a while. I've never really took the other times seriously but I'm more determined now. Does anyone have any good initial work out plans? I want to bulk up, not lose weight.

I'm going to alter my diet also to help me with this.

Your best doing the basic compounds for a good while. Squats,deadlifts, bench press, military press, rows etc. It will build a good solid base for the future, a balanced physique and good core strength.

Lots of good beginner programs out there, Google stronglifts 5x5, fierce5, wendler 531, starting strength. They're four tried and tested routines.

Most importantly for bulking up, make sure you eat enough. Get as many calories as you can.

What's your height and weight?

Started a training programme with my mate for the first time yesterday. Haven't really done any kind of proper exercise for about 6 months or more. Never trained upper body so was defo a stretch. At it again tonight

Started a training programme with my mate for the first time yesterday. Haven't really done any kind of proper exercise for about 6 months or more. Never trained upper body so was defo a stretch. At it again tonight
bc599cc7dc693d0b1d5d167dda566a16c2b125ef1f9eac4f3e44dbef3540e808.jpg

Embrace the spirit of ronnie, you'll be swole in no time

Did a good mountain bike event at the weekend - 30 miles at the top of the Peak district. Very mixed terrain - once everything calms down a bit you get in some great battles with the riders around you, it's v obvious what everyone's strengths and weaknesses are, who's breathing out their aris and won't be able to hang etc.
I was in a group of 3 or 4 roadie types, strong on the climbs but slow on the descents - in short course racing these lads (and one lass) would batter me as you never make up enough time downhill, but on a longer course things even out. Yo-yo'd about all race, but I got a bit complacent as I knew there was a mile long singletrack descent towards the end that I'd put them all to bed on. Ended up conceding too much time going in to it, and whilst I passed them all there was a vicious road climb right at the very end and two of them came back to beat me. Good race, came 20th out of 90 or so riders overall.

that just sounds fantastic fun

that just sounds fantastic fun
It was mate - beautiful countryside and felt like an athlete. Did a short course race [1hour, 5 laps of approx 2 miles] last night, OTOH, and felt like a 40 yo aletank - not a lot of speed in the legs. These races attract a few of the properly fast lads, and it's humbling to see what real fitness looks like.

Short race means you're on your limit from the off. I find the first couple of laps absolutely horrible, then start to feel a bit better. Should do a proper, hard warm-up but it's difficult to time it right with all the milling around and faffing that goes on before you're under way.

ah , i missed the whole event, how did you get on ?, pleased with the result,etc.

It was hard work, whether down to the weather, a bit of heaviness in the legs, age, or what, it's hard to say. Ended up a couple of minutes slower than last time out, but inside the top 1/3 overall so not too bad. Always a super day in the saddle though as it's a fantastic event.

Added 3 different styles of an crunch to my daily (well except Wednesday and Sunday) work out routine.

Pain like I've never felt before. Must be good though.

Yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back