Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hurt my left shoulder quite badly on Saturday night when I was hammered. No idea of what I did or how I did it. Haven't been to the gym since Saturday now though and I'm feeling skinny already!

Went to the gym today, man does my body ache right now. All for the better though, one would hope.

Also ate a lot of meat etc today, got a decent diet for the mad gainz. :)

Don't do it. Don't rush back and push it. Relax.
I've had 4 gym sessions since but took things really easy to begin. All of the pain has gone now but I'm paying more attention to my technique, being careful how I pick weights up and putting them back etc...

Had a really good chest session last night. Managed to move up to doing 32kg dumbells on chest press. Quite pleased with that. Struggling to get my chest any bigger though which is frustrating.

Think i over did it though. Never had this before but I was doing some abs work and I got horrific cramp in my legs and had to leave.

I've had 4 gym sessions since but took things really easy to begin. All of the pain has gone now but I'm paying more attention to my technique, being careful how I pick weights up and putting them back etc...

Had a really good chest session last night. Managed to move up to doing 32kg dumbells on chest press. Quite pleased with that. Struggling to get my chest any bigger though which is frustrating.

Think i over did it though. Never had this before but I was doing some abs work and I got horrific cramp in my legs and had to leave.
What kind of sets are you doing ? I went through something similar last year and started to concentrate on my chest 3 times a week for a brief period of time and using my 90 minutes in the gym doing sets specifically for just the chest, completely exhausting the muscle group.

Bench Press (Barbell) 4 x 12 reps (1 minute rest between sets)
Incline fly (dumbbells) 3 x 10 reps (1 minute)
Incline press 4 x 10 reps (30 seconds)
Flat bench (dumbbells/palm facing forward) 3 x 12 reps (1 minute) and 1 set of reps until muscle failure
Flat bench (dumbbells/palm facing inward) 3 x 12 reps (1 minute) and 1 set of reps until muscle failure
Dips for chest (feet behind you and lean forward slightly) 3 sets of however many you can do
Exercise ball press (dumbbells) 4 x 12 reps (30 second)

Then do a series of 3 or 4 other things to finish a workout based on repping out. I think 80% of your chest workout should be to lift heavy and then the final 20% to finish, base it on repping out with lower weight. It could also be that you're not working your upper chest.

Free weights?! Animal! My personal best at uni was 26's each side. Now struggling to do 15's Ffs.

As mentioned on "fume" thread , I've been using an app of my phone when tracking my running,but it'so inconsistent that it's becoming flaming annoying.
From the little research I've done it seems Garmin is the choice of kings,any advise lids would be appreciated ?.

I'm never going to be a super fast runner ( member of the oldies thread ),never intend to do more than 10k, so I don't need a super expensive piece of equipment.Reliable, giving me the basics, distance,time,splits,Mrs B shouts from other room "heart monitor ",thinks i'm going to keel over she does !.

From what I heard the Garmin Forerunner 10 is a good budget buy if you don't mind the ugliness of the thing. TomTom has one for the same price and looks better though not supposed to work as well. Both about $90-100 in the states. Polar M400 ($170 w/ HM - $130 w/o HM) is supposedly good as well and is a good choice if you want a heart monitor.

I might actually get a Microsoft Band because for some reason I buy Windows Phones.

I just started a 1/2 marathon class. I had just started running a year ago between injuries after about 20 years of barely running at all. Kind of set a minor goal of under 2hrs for the HM. My doped up on sudafed and nasal spray 10K time is between 48-50 min. Just recently I could barely do 2 mi outside but would pretty easily do 7mi at a 9min pace on a incline treadmill. Allergies had been closing off my nasal passages causing me to mouth breathe and get terribad stiches outside.

Gotta go to class later and do 6mi in swamp a$$ 90 degree Maryland weather.

My gym doesn't go bigger than 30kg on dumbells, which is a bit of a drag. Think my best (at another gym) was 34kg for chest press.

I remember seeing a joke facebook group going back a few years, along the lines off, 'hate it when you have to move gym because the weights are too light for you', you've made that a reality lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back