Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got six weeks off so doing a 3 days on 1 day rest routine where I can concentrate the weights. Normally work 5am to 7pm during the week so don't get to focus on body areas. Really struggling after working the legs and tend to do the rest day after. My hammys are killing me to the point getting off the couch causes pain. Wondering if anyone had any tips to help with the recovery?

http://enduranceskating.com/2015/01/22/recovery-the-foundation-of-increasing-fitness/
(yes that's my blog)

Since my back problems I've had to leave the gym for the time being maybe start again on Saturday or postpone for another month I'll decide on saturday. I started walking last Wednesday . And have done it every day since of a morning. Last wed I managed 10k in one go and now up to 16.2k today so happy . Will do another 8k later walking the doctors and back.

On 14th March I was 19/6 stone hammered the gym til 18th June got down to 15/6 stone in 14 weeks so a 4 stone loss.

Then I hit my depression slump and hit the booze and then done my back nearly 3 weeks ago and my weight today is 15/9 stone but last Tuesday it rose to 16/3 stone hence getting back out walking . So a 7 lb loss in a week and have only put 4lb on since June 18th so very pleased . Also started eating proper again no more than 1800 calories Monday-Friday but ease off on the weekend . No booze in 3 weeks bar a few shandys with the odd meal out. Can't handle alcohol on anti depressants.

I can't do the Walks without codeine and can't run yet . Can't wait to get back in the gym though even if it's just cardio and swimming.

I heard tiger balm on my back then going on the sauna eases the pain.

Using strava and throwing a podcast on has given me the motivation to get out and do road walks ( and a lap of Walton park) otherwise I'd struggle with the rain and boredom . Doing it early helps as well .

Since my back problems I've had to leave the gym for the time being maybe start again on Saturday or postpone for another month I'll decide on saturday. I started walking last Wednesday . And have done it every day since of a morning. Last wed I managed 10k in one go and now up to 16.2k today so happy . Will do another 8k later walking the doctors and back.

On 14th March I was 19/6 stone hammered the gym til 18th June got down to 15/6 stone in 14 weeks so a 4 stone loss.

Then I hit my depression slump and hit the booze and then done my back nearly 3 weeks ago and my weight today is 15/9 stone but last Tuesday it rose to 16/3 stone hence getting back out walking . So a 7 lb loss in a week and have only put 4lb on since June 18th so very pleased . Also started eating proper again no more than 1800 calories Monday-Friday but ease off on the weekend . No booze in 3 weeks bar a few shandys with the odd meal out. Can't handle alcohol on anti depressants.

I can't do the Walks without codeine and can't run yet . Can't wait to get back in the gym though even if it's just cardio and swimming.

I heard tiger balm on my back then going on the sauna eases the pain.

Using strava and throwing a podcast on has given me the motivation to get out and do road walks ( and a lap of Walton park) otherwise I'd struggle with the rain and boredom . Doing it early helps as well .
Understand fella, did the same myself. Was 25 stone and got myself down to 15/7 where I was running 5kms a day always before work. Then got an injury and it ruined me. Started bad eating and drinking again and now currently around the 21/7 weight where running is totally out the question. Doing 3 mile on bike then cross trainer for around 10 mins with an hour of weights in between. Doing this as a 3 day on 1 day rest and seems to be helping my fitness although getting back to a proper diet is a lot harder at the moment. This will change when I get back to work after the summer break though but will organise that when I get to September. Wow I type a lot

Understand fella, did the same myself. Was 25 stone and got myself down to 15/7 where I was running 5kms a day always before work. Then got an injury and it ruined me. Started bad eating and drinking again and now currently around the 21/7 weight where running is totally out the question. Doing 3 mile on bike then cross trainer for around 10 mins with an hour of weights in between. Doing this as a 3 day on 1 day rest and seems to be helping my fitness although getting back to a proper diet is a lot harder at the moment. This will change when I get back to work after the summer break though but will organise that when I get to September. Wow I type a lot
good luck mate . I let myself go badly and didn't realise until something hits you hard and wakes you up. Injuries are a ball ache because in 9 days of doing nothing I put 9lb on and I was gutted sat indoors eating junk out of boredom and feeling crap. The thing is you know you've lost the weight before so you know you can do it again.

I want to get to 13 stone so 36lb to go . Getting there will definitely happen it's staying there that'll be the issue .

good luck mate . I let myself go badly and didn't realise until something hits you hard and wakes you up. Injuries are a ball ache because in 9 days of doing nothing I put 9lb on and I was gutted sat indoors eating junk out of boredom and feeling crap. The thing is you know you've lost the weight before so you know you can do it again.

I want to get to 13 stone so 36lb to go . Getting there will definitely happen it's staying there that'll be the issue .
Cheers fella, strongly believe that it is very easy to fall back into bad times once a target has been set. Maybe once you have reached your ideal weight then set your targets based on your workout. This is what I am doing at the moment, so at the moment I am trying to beat the time it took me to cycle 3 miles last time. Even if I do it by a second it keeps me motivated which helps me stay on task. Need to simply occupy myself when out the gym as sitting on the couch watching TV and eating rubbish is exactly what I am doing today on my rest day.

Cheers fella, strongly believe that it is very easy to fall back into bad times once a target has been set. Maybe once you have reached your ideal weight then set your targets based on your workout. This is what I am doing at the moment, so at the moment I am trying to beat the time it took me to cycle 3 miles last time. Even if I do it by a second it keeps me motivated which helps me stay on task. Need to simply occupy myself when out the gym as sitting on the couch watching TV and eating rubbish is exactly what I am doing today on my rest day.
when I lost 4 stone in 14 weeks the only way I done it was try and beat my times no matter how slow I was at first . If I'm just plodding along I have no interest so I've got to aim for something . Once I get to 13 stone I will set another target whether that be more weight loss or do a race something I'd never of dreamed off last year. I've done little stints off the gym on and off for years but always swerved it because I never set goals I was happy plodding along and once the weekend came along I'd smash the booze and lose all motivation .

when I lost 4 stone in 14 weeks the only way I done it was try and beat my times no matter how slow I was at first . If I'm just plodding along I have no interest so I've got to aim for something . Once I get to 13 stone I will set another target whether that be more weight loss or do a race something I'd never of dreamed off last year. I've done little stints off the gym on and off for years but always swerved it because I never set goals I was happy plodding along and once the weekend came along I'd smash the booze and lose all motivation .
Know exactly what you mean. Part of the reason I have stopped going to many Everton games, well that and the cost. Found myself every Saturday for a home game spending at least £150 and smashing away around 12-15 pints. Weight ballooned and meant a half hearted attempt at the gym on a Sunday.

Know exactly what you mean. Part of the reason I have stopped going to many Everton games, well that and the cost. Found myself every Saturday for a home game spending at least £150 and smashing away around 12-15 pints. Weight ballooned and meant a half hearted attempt at the gym on a Sunday.
that was me mate but I wouldn't even consider the gym til the Wednesday after if at all. Plus the days after a session watching us would be either carry on on the Sunday or eat fast food ,crisps and fizzy drinks for about 3 days after. I rarely drink at the match now for that reason.

that was me mate but I wouldn't even consider the gym til the Wednesday after if at all. Plus the days after a session watching us would be either carry on on the Sunday or eat fast food ,crisps and fizzy drinks for about 3 days after. I rarely drink at the match now for that reason.
It's defo a hard thing to change, would struggle with the time it takes to get up to the ground and back from London not to drink and eat. When I do go out drinking which is quite rare these days I simply cannot go slow so drink way to much to quickly and with food can easily knock back close to 20 pints nowadays which is obviously not good. Tried doing the one pint of beer one pint of coke but just found I was drinking more liquid.

It's defo a hard thing to change, would struggle with the time it takes to get up to the ground and back from London not to drink and eat. When I do go out drinking which is quite rare these days I simply cannot go slow so drink way to much to quickly and with food can easily knock back close to 20 pints nowadays which is obviously not good. Tried doing the one pint of beer one pint of coke but just found I was drinking more liquid.
same again . I can go through 20 pints plus shorts easy on a session all day. In the house I've done 2 bottles of vodka with lemonade and 16-20 cans easy a few times . Nothing to be proud off it disgusts me when I think about it. Lol it's a wonder my liver is ok

same again . I can go through 20 pints plus shorts easy on a session all day. In the house I've done 2 bottles of vodka with lemonade and 16-20 cans easy a few times . Nothing to be proud off it disgusts me when I think about it. Lol it's a wonder my liver is ok
Sad thing is I know my liver is fine. Well here's hoping the gym gives us both what we want but still need to think about how to occupy the rest of the days.

Sad thing is I know my liver is fine. Well here's hoping the gym gives us both what we want but still need to think about how to occupy the rest of the days.
That's it mate . Once the NFL and football starts I'll be happy tiring myself out in the gym then watching them to chill .

A job would help as well . Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back