Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
foam rolling (any trigger point method really)
stretching (long holds)
a brisk walk or cycle

a proper warm up involving foam rolling, activation and mobility exercises and dynamic stretching helps with the 'after training' aches and pains

Getting my running mojo into gear!
Ran a local half-marathon on Sunday. Not the course or conditions to be setting a PR, but pretty happy to have posted a 1:46, and still felt strong at the end.

I've signed up to do this full marathon on 13th Sept: http://www.farnhampilgrim.org.uk/

..and also eyeing up doing a 50 miler in October. Can we reopen the ultramarathon thread? :)

that was me mate but I wouldn't even consider the gym til the Wednesday after if at all. Plus the days after a session watching us would be either carry on on the Sunday or eat fast food ,crisps and fizzy drinks for about 3 days after. I rarely drink at the match now for that reason.

yah, thing is.. exercise is not a counterbalance to a poor diet & lifestyle. Fitness and health are different things. I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but people who think that they can eat junk, drink lots of beer and then work it off at the gym are delusional. Quite contrary, going out and getting smashed just adds more stress to your system and makes your body less able to absorb and benefit from whatever workout you throw at it the next day.

yah, thing is.. exercise is not a counterbalance to a poor diet & lifestyle. Fitness and health are different things. I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but people who think that they can eat junk, drink lots of beer and then work it off at the gym are delusional. Quite contrary, going out and getting smashed just adds more stress to your system and makes your body less able to absorb and benefit from whatever workout you throw at it the next day.
Spot on mate only realising that now. Just done another 10k walk that's 26k for today so far and probably another 5k to go. Really back in the mood to get the rest off the weight off me.

Sad thing is I know my liver is fine. Well here's hoping the gym gives us both what we want but still need to think about how to occupy the rest of the days.

To put that into perspective, 20 pints of beer is equal to roughly 3,600 calories. To burn that off and break even, you'd have to do roughly 18 hours of weights or cycle for around 150km. And that's just the beer, so not including shots or any junk food that goes along with the beer.

If you want to get healthy then really easing off the beer is one of the quickest ways to do it as you're not getting any nutritional value from those calories at all.

To put that into perspective, 20 pints of beer is equal to roughly 3,600 calories. To burn that off and break even, you'd have to do roughly 18 hours of weights or cycle for around 150km. And that's just the beer, so not including shots or any junk food that goes along with the beer.

If you want to get healthy then really easing off the beer is one of the quickest ways to do it as you're not getting any nutritional value from those calories at all.

That's one of the reasons i tend to stick to spirits. Just over 100 calories in a double serving of dark rum but 180 in an average pint.

Of course, you have to drink it straight or with a diet mixer.

I'm far from an expert, but from experience one of the best pieces of advice I can give anyone is to use a stop watch and time your rests between sets. Really helps you keep focused and the sessions fly by. Also try and use a different device for music than your phone. Calls/texts are a horrendous distraction.

That's one of the reasons i tend to stick to spirits. Just over 100 calories in a double serving of dark rum but 180 in an average pint.

Of course, you have to drink it straight or with a diet mixer.
Even then some of the diet crap that's about are just as bad. All the artificial stuff...

Hence the reason I have knocked watching the blues on the head ATM.

31km walked today . In 3 walks combined . Happy with that . Defo going to try the gym as well from Monday . Just gutted I can't run yet.
Congrats fella that is some going. What gym you do? I do the gym group, open 24 hrs and only £19 a month

31km walked today . In 3 walks combined . Happy with that . Defo going to try the gym as well from Monday . Just gutted I can't run yet.
Considering your weight, i'd guess that you've burned 2000 + calories today alone just from that combined walk. That is based on someone walking slowly at 2mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back