Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't go today, thinking of going tomorrow for a quick leg session and then back to normality with Friday for back.

Also personal best this summer is 60kg deadlift. I know it's nothing but I started like a week and a bit ago, so proud of that!

i really need to start exercising again, just usually happened through sports with mates but need to start doing cardio on my own through running or biking

Get a proper training program in place.
You'll double it
That for me?

I'll double it in a week or two's time, got a program kind of thing in place. Was just getting started last week, getting the technique down and everything, you know?

Feeling a lot stronger than before, mind, and I think starting to look it too... Or that might just be wishful thinking, but all in good time! :)

I've always been a skinny get, so I've decided to try and put on a bit of muscle mass and tone up a bit. I've bought myself a set of dumbbells and I've got myself a beginners program sorted, with a days recovery in between.

Been at it a couple of weeks now, I'm definitely getting stronger/better endurance but no physical differences yet.

Cannot catch a break at the moment. Finally my hammys have stopped being so tight it hurts to get up and now I find I have athletes foot where both my little toes have skin separation. Taking cream and spray to sort it but just blooming annoying.

Think long term goals for big lifts.

Deadlifts and squats are all about steady increments, training loads and then deloading to rest.

This.

I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1 atm but because my shifts are all over the place this week I trained ohp on sunday, squat and dl today and bench tomorrow.

Only just hit my targets today but I know I'll have more time next week so I'll be looking to exceed them.

I was in the gym yesterday and one bloke had 7 pairs of dumbells with him. SEVEN! Most of them being ones I wanted to use. I resisted the urge to say anything but I was close to it.

Good week of walking over 93 k since Monday using strava . Plus probably another 30/40 k without it. At least

Got a visitor pass for another gym and tried it yesterday . Done 45minutes on the bike and and a swim. So I know my back is improving back to the gym tomorrow now and go bang at it to get the last 2 1/2 to 3 stone off and tone up.

No weights for a few weeks yet though because my backs still not great. Though I've eased up on the pain killers so that's good.

My feet are ruined though some evil blisters that I just can't help popping the watery beauts

Found out at the pub after footy on Saturday that my good mate weighs less than me. He's 6'2 medium build and I'm 5'11 and small build. I'm at about 185lb and he's at 175lb. Proper gutted. Soon as this man flu is over I'm cycling daily(besides footy days)

Edit. Oh and he's 50 and I'm 35.

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back