Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good week of walking over 93 k since Monday using strava . Plus probably another 30/40 k without it. At least

Got a visitor pass for another gym and tried it yesterday . Done 45minutes on the bike and and a swim. So I know my back is improving back to the gym tomorrow now and go bang at it to get the last 2 1/2 to 3 stone off and tone up.

No weights for a few weeks yet though because my backs still not great. Though I've eased up on the pain killers so that's good.

My feet are ruined though some evil blisters that I just can't help popping the watery beauts

Do you walk for a living mate (postman or something)? Coz that's a heck of a lot of walking. Assuming a moderate pace of 5kmh that's nearly 20 hours. Reckon that'd nay on kill me :lol:

Do you walk for a living mate (postman or something)? Coz that's a heck of a lot of walking. Assuming a moderate pace of 5kmh that's nearly 20 hours. Reckon that'd nay on kill me lol
No mate I'm out of work and been on a weight losing mission since March ( lost 4 stone) but done my back in and hit depression and a booze binge and not been in the gym for 6 weeks . So started putting weight on again . So I got out and done the walks and the weight I've put on 9lb I've lost since last Tuesday .

I actually enjoy an early walk head phones in and include a lap of a park as well.

I'll keep doing it and add the gym again from tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow I'll do A 10k walk 45 min bike in gym . 20 min jog half hour swim then gradually build up. Hopefully be doing the weights again soon ( only to lose the gut and tone)

Then collapse watching the boxing haha

Forget all that BMI crap mate. Its nothing but a load of bollocks.
Just found it amusing that I'm not near any of the ratings. But to compare when I was 21 I weighed 145lb and haven't gained any sort of frame since so I'm skinny fat. Not really arsed about what my weight is in general but if I get rid of my gut I'd have to beef up like a beast to not lose a good 10-15lb.

No mate I'm out of work and been on a weight losing mission since March ( lost 4 stone) but done my back in and hit depression and a booze binge and not been in the gym for 6 weeks . So started putting weight on again . So I got out and done the walks and the weight I've put on 9lb I've lost since last Tuesday .

I actually enjoy an early walk head phones in and include a lap of a park as well.

I'll keep doing it and add the gym again from tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow I'll do A 10k walk 45 min bike in gym . 20 min jog half hour swim then gradually build up. Hopefully be doing the weights again soon ( only to lose the gut and tone)

Then collapse watching the boxing haha

That's good going mate. Impressive. I bet the exercise is good for your state of mind too?

Yeah defo is mate . Makes you feel good. And no booze on 23 days . Except only a few shandys

Sounds like you're going great guns. This book might be of interest. Me and the other half bought it perhaps a few years ago and it's fantastic. Lots of really tasty dishes that are pretty easy to cook and they're all healthy. It's designed for endurance athletes, but I reckon you're on the road to that if you're doing that kind of mileage with your walking. There's a kids version too, which is just as good for adults (in my mature opinion, ahem). The recipes are usually for 4, so we cook according to the book and freeze a couple of portions so there's something nice and easy to microwave up if we're feeling knackered or lacking in time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Faster-Food-energy-boosting-cyclists/dp/0091929326

On a bit of a tangent, looks like the lady behind the books does a thing for schools too (as per my grumble a bit ago about cooking in school seemingly being cakes or junk food - no nutritional education, cooking on a budget, how to make healthy meals etc.)

http://www.gofasterfoodforschools.com/

Sounds like you're going great guns. This book might be of interest. Me and the other half bought it perhaps a few years ago and it's fantastic. Lots of really tasty dishes that are pretty easy to cook and they're all healthy. It's designed for endurance athletes, but I reckon you're on the road to that if you're doing that kind of mileage with your walking. There's a kids version too, which is just as good for adults (in my mature opinion, ahem). The recipes are usually for 4, so we cook according to the book and freeze a couple of portions so there's something nice and easy to microwave up if we're feeling knackered or lacking in time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Faster-Food-energy-boosting-cyclists/dp/0091929326

On a bit of a tangent, looks like the lady behind the books does a thing for schools too (as per my grumble a bit ago about cooking in school seemingly being cakes or junk food - no nutritional education, cooking on a budget, how to make healthy meals etc.)

http://www.gofasterfoodforschools.com/
ill have a look at that later mate cheers. Just on the way the rugby now for the semis

Cheers for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back