Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put that into perspective, 20 pints of beer is equal to roughly 3,600 calories. To burn that off and break even, you'd have to do roughly 18 hours of weights or cycle for around 150km. And that's just the beer, so not including shots or any junk food that goes along with the beer.

If you want to get healthy then really easing off the beer is one of the quickest ways to do it as you're not getting any nutritional value from those calories at all.
Who drinks 20 pints??

Weak lager is 180.. Try 250 for Stella other premium lagers!

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_alcohol/calories_in_lager.html

I'm on the floor after two to be honest with you :) I've found that if you're going to count calories, it's safer to over-estimate what you consume and under-estimate what you burn, especially as a good few of the Garmin style calorie recommendations are somewhat on the generous side.
Even in my heyday it was 10 pints..

The thought of 20 makes me feel ill. I get a headache after 4-5 now...

Even in my heyday it was 10 pints..

The thought of 20 makes me feel ill. I get a headache after 4-5 now...
I have no stop valve when I get on one . I can easily drink 3 pints to my mates one. I'm a greedy git when I start but I won't lie I end up in a mess. That's why I regularly take 3 weeks to a month or longer breaks with no booze these days. It doesn't suit me

31km walked today . In 3 walks combined . Happy with that . Defo going to try the gym as well from Monday . Just gutted I can't run yet.

Again, not wanting to discourage you because it's great that you are so dedicated, but as the popular trainer Vinnie Tortorich says, "exercise is a very poor way to lose weight." Meaning that:

- exercise is largely subservient to nutrition and diet - you can't outexercise a (very) poor diet.

- Excessive exercise does not necessarily speed up weight loss. While a moderate amount of exercise can nudge you along in the right direction, Too much exercise isn't going to help you lose weight 3 times quicker, and past a certain point might even be detrimental if it screws up your hormones (eg, if you elevate cortisol too high your body will tend to hold onto fat). It's about getting your hormones right rather than energy expenditure.

- Very fast weight loss is not necessarily healthy or desirable. Changes that are more gradual are less stressful to the body, and are more likely to become permanent if you base them on a sustainable lifestyle. Your body will shed it's excess weight at a natural rate that is healthy. Plateaus will happen and they are normal, but just be patient, keep doing the right thing and you will get there!

Again, not wanting to discourage you because it's great that you are so dedicated, but as the popular trainer Vinnie Tortorich says, "exercise is a very poor way to lose weight." Meaning that:

- exercise is largely subservient to nutrition and diet - you can't outexercise a (very) poor diet.

- Excessive exercise does not necessarily speed up weight loss. While a moderate amount of exercise can nudge you along in the right direction, Too much exercise isn't going to help you lose weight 3 times quicker, and past a certain point might even be detrimental if it screws up your hormones (eg, if you elevate cortisol too high your body will tend to hold onto fat). It's about getting your hormones right rather than energy expenditure.

- Very fast weight loss is not necessarily healthy or desirable. Changes that are more gradual are less stressful to the body, and are more likely to become permanent if you base them on a sustainable lifestyle. Your body will shed it's excess weight at a natural rate that is healthy. Plateaus will happen and they are normal, but just be patient, keep doing the right thing and you will get there!

Think just like exercise, diet change has to be done carefully and slowly so that the changes are permanent and not just a short term fad. So although advice is always welcome unless the individual is totally clueless then they should never be deterred from what they are doing

to be honest mate my diet is 100% better than it was 5 months ago ( one 3 week blip aside with only a small weight gain.)

My diet is apple and grapes for breakfast 7 days a week

Mon to fri dinner is either tin of soup and brown bread , a chicken brown bread sarnie , more fruit or snack on prawns

Tea mon to fri

Half a chicken and broccoli , mushy peas and mostly without potatoes or if I have them just a few baby potatoes,

Prawn or chicken stir fry or rice type dish onions peppers etc

Sometimes even fish fingers and spaghetti lol not great but not going to do damage .

Chicken salad in wholemeal pitta

Chilli and jacket potato

Etc

Only drink water or zero fizzy drinks one cup of tea a day skimmed milk. Very rare I even eat cheese anymore .

No crisp, chocolate ice cream sweets other than one of them on the weekend as a treat

Weekend I'll have a meal out or chippy on a Saturday fruit for breakfast and soup for dinner . Maybe a shandy or 2 and a treat crisp , nuts etc.

Sunday is fruit for breakfast maybe a small sarnie then a roast dinner with half a plate of broccoli mushy peas.

My diet is fine for my goal. I'll never be fully slim but that's down to my build as well but I'm just trying to get to a size I'm happy with and feel decent fitness wise . I'm not training to be an athlete .

The only reason i lost so much weight quickly is I'm out of work so had enough time on my hands to put 4 hours training in a day plus eat better. If I had a job it would be more gradual.

I couldn't even tell you the last time I had a bacon sarnie. Even then I grill a full English as well . Not had a full breakfast in months.

Oh and no food after 6pm other than Saturday and no chips other than Saturday

Last edited:
Think just like exercise, diet change has to be done carefully and slowly so that the changes are permanent and not just a short term fad. So although advice is always welcome unless the individual is totally clueless then they should never be deterred from what they are doing
Defo . I've deprived myself in the past then just all out binge and lose interest and end up even bigger and bailed the gym. If you don't have a bit of what you like you'll never succeed in keeping the timber off.

to be honest mate my diet is 100% better than it was 5 months ago ( one 3 week blip aside with only a small weight gain.)

Mon to fri dinner is either tin of soup and brown bread , a chicken brown bread sarnie , more fruit or snack on prawns

Tea mon to fri

Half a chicken and broccoli , mushy peas and mostly without potatoes or if I have them just a few baby potatoes,

Sometimes even fish fingers and spaghetti lol not great but not going to do damage .

Chilli and jacket potato

Etc

Only drink water or zero fizzy drinks one cup of tea a day skimmed milk. Very rare I even eat cheese anymore .

No crisp, chocolate ice cream sweets other than one of them on the weekend as a treat

Weekend I'll have a meal out or chippy on a Saturday fruit for breakfast and soup for dinner . Maybe a shandy or 2 and a treat crisp , nuts etc.

Sunday is fruit for breakfast maybe a small sarnie then a roast dinner with half a plate of broccoli mushy peas.

My diet is fine for my goal. I'll never be fully slim but that's down to my build as well but I'm just trying to get to a size I'm happy with and feel decent fitness wise . I'm not training to be an athlete .

The only reason i lost so much weight quickly is I'm out of work so had enough time on my hands to put 4 hours training in a day plus eat better. If I had a job it would be more gradual.

I couldn't even tell you the last time I had a bacon sarnie. Even then I grill a full English as well . Not had a full breakfast in months.

Some going that, well in. Couldn't do that myself.

Tea mon to fri

Chilli and jacket potato

Etc

Just so long as you don't drink any Ribena.

That's one of the reasons i tend to stick to spirits. Just over 100 calories in a double serving of dark rum but 180 in an average pint.

Of course, you have to drink it straight or with a diet mixer.
Vodka lime & soda (wish fresh limes, no cordial) is one of my favourite drinks now. There's barely anything in that. I had a heavy weekend on alcohol and junk food and my stomach is still in bits. I can't hack it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back