Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
holiday and chest infection had restricted my running programme in the last fortnight,ran a 10k race yesterday and really had to dig in to get through it.quite amazed just how quickly you can lose your fitness in what really was a short space of time.

I was knackered today and could barely lift after like 40 min in the gym, so did what I could and called it a day. Been feeling pretty crappy since ffs.

In the end, it was my fault cuz I didn't have time to eat properly in the morning and then went there and it wasn't nice. I'll do better tomorrow tho...

I was knackered today and could barely lift after like 40 min in the gym, so did what I could and called it a day. Been feeling pretty crappy since ffs.

In the end, it was my fault cuz I didn't have time to eat properly in the morning and then went there and it wasn't nice. I'll do better tomorrow tho...

It will have very little to do with what you are today, and more to do with what you didn't eat the night before or the days preceding your workout

What you eat on the day will have very little to do with your work out

It will have very little to do with what you are today, and more to do with what you didn't eat the night before or the days preceding your workout

What you eat on the day will have very little to do with your work out
Well it usually happens like this when I don't eat anything in the morning and have nothing to burn. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary the day/night before as well. It's happened before as well, and it was that "very little" that was lacking, if that makes sense.

I'll do better tomorrow though, determined to do so. Sorted out my diet/intake as much as I could today.

Appreciate the advice anyway though.

NINJA EDIT: I also didn't get enough sleep at all last night, which was another thing to add to the lack of any decent morning meal.

Your body doesn't use it energy reserves like that. When you eat in the morning, all you're doing is shifting some glucose into your blood stream at the point in the day when your body is most insulin sensitive. This means the carbs are mobilised fast and stored as glycogen in your muscles or as fat

What you eat the night before is more likely to have an impact on your work out. You're not burning what you've eaten for breakfast in your weights work out, your body simply doesn't work like that. You don't even need to eat breakfast! Eat some complex carbs the night before, and I wouldn't worry too much about what you do the day of your work out unless you're scoffing sweets and sugary cake.

If you skip breakfast, or just eat a protein and fat based breakfast, you wont want to fall asleep mid morning/ mid day, and you wont feel peckish early on in the day either.

Your body doesn't use it energy reserves like that. When you eat in the morning, all you're doing is shifting some glucose into your blood stream at the point in the day when your body is most insulin sensitive. This means the carbs are mobilised fast and stored as glycogen in your muscles or as fat

What you eat the night before is more likely to have an impact on your work out. You're not burning what you've eaten for breakfast in your weights work out, your body simply doesn't work like that. You don't even need to eat breakfast! Eat some complex carbs the night before, and I wouldn't worry too much about what you do the day of your work out unless you're scoffing sweets and sugary cake.

If you skip breakfast, or just eat a protein and fat based breakfast, you wont want to fall asleep mid morning/ mid day, and you wont feel peckish early on in the day either.
Good to know, cheers!

Still though I had, all in all, 3 hours of sleep the night before as well. Could have had something to do with it...

Now sleep is an entirely different issue, plenty of theories on you're better off skipping the work out entirely if you've not had sleep!
It's why I took it rather easier when I felt as tired really. Didn't push myself too hard, but didn't want to damage my body by doing something stupid, if that makes sense...

Swerved the gym today and now laying on the couch regretting it and wondering how early I can get there in the morning. Something is not right with that but my mind is being negative today. Probably the lack of exercise is having an affect.

Swerved the gym today and now laying on the couch regretting it and wondering how early I can get there in the morning. Something is not right with that but my mind is being negative today. Probably the lack of exercise is having an affect.
I've had a rare day off myself. It was needed as I've been feeling tired the last few days.
Crack back on tomorrow feeling fresher you'll benefit more from a rest

So you can get away lifting in the morning in a fasted state? It would save a lot of time if this was the case, no waiting to let meals go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back