Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not enjoying the gym at all at the moment. That might be due to the fact that I've had a chocolate croissant probably every day for the last 2 weeks, thanks to my boss and my poor self control. So I've been feeling a bit sluggish lately. I've also plateaued a bit and I'm bored of my current routine.

On the upside I did 90kg deadlifts the other day no sweat. Going to go up to 100kg today.

I'm not enjoying the gym at all at the moment. That might be due to the fact that I've had a chocolate croissant probably every day for the last 2 weeks, thanks to my boss and my poor self control. So I've been feeling a bit sluggish lately. I've also plateaued a bit and I'm bored of my current routine.

On the upside I did 90kg deadlifts the other day no sweat. Going to go up to 100kg today.
Boss to do deadlifts though, isn't it?

Haha! Can you do 90kg on lat pulldown though? CAN YOU?

I'm relatively strong all over but then I've got random areas which are a bit weak!
70kg personal best there for now. 120 deadlift though. Quite happy with both, considering I started with barely 25 on the lats and 50 on the deadlift (60 at a push) about a month ago!

To be honest my benches are sooo far behind all the rest right now, so the last few times and next week is gonna be a bit more about that.

70kg personal best there for now. 120 deadlift though. Quite happy with both, considering I started with barely 25 on the lats and 50 on the deadlift (60 at a push) about a month ago!

To be honest my benches are sooo far behind all the rest right now, so the last few times and next week is gonna be a bit more about that.
That's good going mate. It's crazy how fast you can build strength if you're doing it right.

I'm not that strong on the bench press (70kg on flat bench) but I can do 32kg each side with dumbells. @blue4eva77 told me some decent tips in this thread to help bulk up my chest, and it's working. Thing is I nearly always go alone so I struggle to get the last couple of reps out on a barbell without a spotter, with dumbbells you can just drop them if you get in to bother.

That's good going mate. It's crazy how fast you can build strength if you're doing it right.

I'm not that strong on the bench press (70kg on flat bench) but I can do 32kg each side with dumbells. @blue4eva77 told me some decent tips in this thread to help bulk up my chest, and it's working. Thing is I nearly always go alone so I struggle to get the last couple of reps out on a barbell without a spotter, with dumbbells you can just drop them if you get in to bother.
70kg is my personal best but I know I can do better, plus I only did it for like 3 reps :( Do share said tips lad! lol

It's very difficult to ask other people if they can spot for you though lol

If you're bored of your routine why not try some classes at the gym or something like Barry's Boot Camp?

I've been working out for 5 weeks or so having had done nothing upper body or weights related in my life before. Pretty happy with my progress so far. Did a 5rm set of 70kgs on flat and elevated bench yesterday as well as several 10rm sets at 65.
Progress is slower with bis + tris but shoulders and back are plugging along nicely.

Gave myself a day off today. Hangover off too many large brandys last night . Feel terrible but going to force my fat arse to the gym tomorrow before the game

So you can get away lifting in the morning in a fasted state? It would save a lot of time if this was the case, no waiting to let meals go down.

You'll be fine, but you shouldn't lift for two to three hours after waking for back health. For reference you'll need to read Stuart McGill

You can sip a carb drink during training, but you'll not be glycogen depleted after sleeping.

You'll be fine, but you shouldn't lift for two to three hours after waking for back health. For reference you'll need to read Stuart McGill

You can sip a carb drink during training, but you'll not be glycogen depleted after sleeping.

Good to know. If you were to eat though, what would you eat, something easy to digest sugar wise like cereal, say shreddies? Or something different.

I'm not piss taking, I'd eat steak and chew some blueberries on the way to the gym.

If I was going to be doing higher rep stuff I'd be drinking a carb drink during training, in between drinking water

Typical my rep work was in the 1-3 range though for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back