Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put on almost 2 John Stones since breaking my ankle exactly 2 years ago.

I will be visiting this thread lots as I aim to become to physical god I was never really before...

Thinking of joining a gym now I've moved. Swimming seems to be the only sport I can now actually do. I've never lifted a weight in my life, but maybe I could do with giving that a shot?

I'm still scared of the Big Boys corner but maybe this is the time I have to give it a whirl
in the gym nobody takes notice of anyone else mate.

Dingle marathon on Saturday.

Absolute [Poor language removed] set of hill climbs.

G7bVzBR.png

tore my hamstring doing speed work. God this is annoying, know why it takes an athlete a while to come back from them now though.

Dingle marathon on Saturday.

Absolute [Poor language removed] set of hill climbs.

G7bVzBR.png
I looked at doing the 10k run down there,but even that looked a bit daunting,bet it will be a beautiful run though.I'll go for the 10k in Doonbeg County Clare on Saturday Morning,be a lot easier and less travel for me.
enjoy the run.

2 and a 1/2 hours done today . Done like a cardio circuit about 8 different things. Ended with a 20 min jog and run with NO rest walks . And I probably could of done longer .

That's a first for me .

Has anyone saw this T25 fitness programme? If anyone has used it, is it any good? It's the same fella who done the insanity programme

That's good going mate. It's crazy how fast you can build strength if you're doing it right.

I'm not that strong on the bench press (70kg on flat bench) but I can do 32kg each side with dumbells. @blue4eva77 told me some decent tips in this thread to help bulk up my chest, and it's working. Thing is I nearly always go alone so I struggle to get the last couple of reps out on a barbell without a spotter, with dumbbells you can just drop them if you get in to bother.

Would you mind pointing out where the chest tips are on the thread?

Cheers

What kind of sets are you doing ? I went through something similar last year and started to concentrate on my chest 3 times a week for a brief period of time and using my 90 minutes in the gym doing sets specifically for just the chest, completely exhausting the muscle group.

Bench Press (Barbell) 4 x 12 reps (1 minute rest between sets)
Incline fly (dumbbells) 3 x 10 reps (1 minute)
Incline press 4 x 10 reps (30 seconds)
Flat bench (dumbbells/palm facing forward) 3 x 12 reps (1 minute) and 1 set of reps until muscle failure
Flat bench (dumbbells/palm facing inward) 3 x 12 reps (1 minute) and 1 set of reps until muscle failure
Dips for chest (feet behind you and lean forward slightly) 3 sets of however many you can do
Exercise ball press (dumbbells) 4 x 12 reps (30 second)

Then do a series of 3 or 4 other things to finish a workout based on repping out. I think 80% of your chest workout should be to lift heavy and then the final 20% to finish, base it on repping out with lower weight. It could also be that you're not working your upper chest.

Would you mind pointing out where the chest tips are on the thread?

Cheers

It's that one I've quoted above your post mate.

@blue4eva77 I've definitely noticed an improvement since incorporating some of this. Nice one.

It's that one I've quoted above your post mate.

@blue4eva77 I've definitely noticed an improvement since incorporating some of this. Nice one.
Good for you mate. Everyone is different i know but i think the last part of the workout helps a ton. The lower weight, repping out until muscle failure and feeling the burn is important.

If you can eat right then you're onto a winner. What i mean by that is eating big. Big meals with the correct amount of protein for you body weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back