Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out for a mountain bike race this morning, 33 miles in the N Peak - lovely day but not the best route, loads of tarmac and all the descents were v easy. Plenty of guys on cyclocross bikes. So it ended up feeling pretty hard, tough on the climbs and nowhere to claw back time - rolled in 40th out of about 200.

Fitness is OK in the legs, but there's something up with my chest. Been getting pains that aren't normal for me when I'm going hard - had 2 chest infections this year so wondering if it's some carry over from that. A visit to the doc is in order but it's hard to express what the problem is - if your chest isn't hurting when you're red-lining a climb then you're doing it wrong. This feels different though.

East Clare 10 k in the morning, running with a mate of mine who is the pace man for the hour mark,should make that comfortably,tempted to try and strike out over the latter half to see if I can get closer to 55 mins,which as hard as I try I can't crack. (over 50's runner btw,for young fellas smirking at how slow my target is !!:D ).

have just started trying to "up the pace", after every 8 minutes,I try and run fast for 1 minute, so that's 6 times during the run ,so difficult,I feel like my lungs are going to burst come the end,but that should help me reach my target, perhaps not this weekend though.

the lad who i'm running with in the morning, very good runner btw has suggested I sit behind a lady affiliated with a running club and follow her all the way,now "i like a plan" !.

What App, if any, does everyone use? I'm currently using Endomondo to track my runs but I'm thinking of switching to Strava.

I use Runmeter which I've found is the most configurable and feature-rich app, but then have it configured to export directly to Strava which I like for it's analysis and website features.

Runmeter is also much cheaper.. think $5pa vs $50 for Strava.

king of the road me lids, finally came home on my 10k in 55 minutes,totally out of the blue. As previously mentioned ,was running with my mate who was pacing the 60 mins.He cancelled due to a family emergency (all well now), so decided to run with the 55 min man, Christy,thinking if i could keep him in my sights i'd be looking at a personal best,sat on his shoulder all the way around and he talked me home and kept me going in the final straight. thrilled,really thrilled.best sporting achievement since i stopped kicking a football about the place.

What App, if any, does everyone use? I'm currently using Endomondo to track my runs but I'm thinking of switching to Strava.
Strava is the only game in town for cycling, but it may not be for other sports. It's the best because everyone uses it, not because its features are unique or anything [Bit like whatsapp being worth 15 billion dollars, despite being a program you could write in an afternoon - the userbase is all].
Things like segment leader boards and route discovery become far more powerful the more people use them, and are superbly adapted for cycling. For running they'd wouldn't be as important, but might have value - see what you think, it's free.

Doing a cyclocross race tomorrow, which will be on strava :)

So having lost about 2 stone since July by eating pretty much cereal, quorn, fruit and vegetbles i still need to lose another 1-2 stone so i've joined a gym.

Whats the best stuff to eat before i go, be it during the day or just before i go?

Strava is the only game in town for cycling, but it may not be for other sports. It's the best because everyone uses it, not because its features are unique or anything [Bit like whatsapp being worth 15 billion dollars, despite being a program you could write in an afternoon - the userbase is all].
Things like segment leader boards and route discovery become far more powerful the more people use them, and are superbly adapted for cycling. For running they'd wouldn't be as important, but might have value - see what you think, it's free.

Doing a cyclocross race tomorrow, which will be on strava :)

I would say that if your aim is to train seriously and improve, then Strava's main raison d'etre (segment sharing) is actually destructive to that goal, as it means you will more likely push harder rather than stay in a sensible training zone.

So I did the London Duathlon Ultra race on Sunday.

10 laps of Richmond Park - 30km run, 77km cycle. 5hr45m. Totally crazy. Somehow left my energy bars in transition and bonked horribly on the bike.

Still a cracking event. 3,000 competitors, and a brilliant atmosphere. One of the toughest and most rewarding races I've ever done. Will definitely do it next year.

I was doing bench press today and was struggling on the last rep. I thought I'd replaced the bar properly, but no, the barbell lands on my face. Luckily I still had hold of it so it wasn't too bad. Bit embarrassing though.

On the bright side I got talking to 2 hotties.

I was doing bench press today and was struggling on the last rep. I thought I'd replaced the bar properly, but no, the barbell lands on my face. Luckily I still had hold of it so it wasn't too bad. Bit embarrassing though.

On the bright side I got talking to 2 hotties.

Was this before or after you dropped the weight bar on your face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back