Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone do the parkrun's? (One in Liverpool is in Sefton Park I think). Done a few a couple of years back and thinking of starting again - only 5K, but it's a good start to your Saturday - one near me in Manchester is a nice route along the broad majestic Mersey.

First muddy cyclocross race weekend just gone, really enjoyed it (in hindsight) - hard as hell. Legging up a muddy slope with your bike on your back - Belgian, lad. Would dearly like a set of tubulars for the bike for this sort of thing, but it's one of those where you need to improve to justify them. I'd feel like a bit of a Ted rolling in 50th on a set of carbon tubs.

I GO THE GYM

The sheer volume of food I have to eat just to maintain my weight is starting to make me really resent eating.

To the lurking green eyed fatties: I bet you wish you had that problem, eh?

Time to get my arse into gear .

Between mid March and mid sept I went from 19,6lb to 14,6lb so lost 5 stone. Since then I've been on holiday in mid sept and gradually the gym suffered and my diet has been a disgrace . Back up to 15,12 lb. so a gain of 18lb in 2 months .

I've been suffering with headaches in that 2 month period pretty much none stop so ive used it as an excuse . As brutal as they are my legs still work so no more excuses .

Time to get back on track though starting Monday . My aim is to be 15 stone come Jan 1st which should be easy enough then give myself 8 months after that to get to my goal weight of 13 stone.

Time to get my arse into gear .

Between mid March and mid sept I went from 19,6lb to 14,6lb so lost 5 stone. Since then I've been on holiday in mid sept and gradually the gym suffered and my diet has been a disgrace . Back up to 15,12 lb. so a gain of 18lb in 2 months .

I've been suffering with headaches in that 2 month period pretty much none stop so ive used it as an excuse . As brutal as they are my legs still work so no more excuses .

Time to get back on track though starting Monday . My aim is to be 15 stone come Jan 1st which should be easy enough then give myself 8 months after that to get to my goal weight of 13 stone.
Good luck mate.

I'm 6 weeks into when I decided to start cutting down and working out more and I've noticed a difference but I just can't wait to see myself in a good few months time if I keep it up. The main thing that motivates me.

Wish it was easier

Good luck mate.

I'm 6 weeks into when I decided to start cutting down and working out more and I've noticed a difference but I just can't wait to see myself in a good few months time if I keep it up. The main thing that motivates me.

Wish it was easier
losing all the weight I have done is what motivates me . I'm not letting that hard work go to waste . I'm just putting this down to a set back .

Good luck to you as well

Back training after a 6-7 weeks of relative slacking - doing more strength work and mixing it up a bit over the winter with more "general prep", ready to hit 2016.

Got confirmed entry for Berlin marathon 2016 next year. Aiming to take a good chunk off my 3:59 time from 2014. will do skate/run double marathon as last time.

Had 10 days off longest ive had a off from the gym in about 8 years and i feel worse for it got no energy at all, getting back on it tomorrow

Back training after a 6-7 weeks of relative slacking - doing more strength work and mixing it up a bit over the winter with more "general prep", ready to hit 2016.

Got confirmed entry for Berlin marathon 2016 next year. Aiming to take a good chunk off my 3:59 time from 2014. will do skate/run double marathon as last time.

Berlin is like the Mecca for quick marathon times apparently. Have just got into the running last year myself, did two marathons here in Ireland. Cork in June in 3.55 and Dublin in October in 3.26. Must admit I was absolutely knackered after Dublin I think I've only done 20 miles since.

Gonna hopefully get back into it in the new year. Considering Manchester in April, has anybody on here done it before??? Thoughts???

Berlin is like the Mecca for quick marathon times apparently. Have just got into the running last year myself, did two marathons here in Ireland. Cork in June in 3.55 and Dublin in October in 3.26. Must admit I was absolutely knackered after Dublin I think I've only done 20 miles since.

Gonna hopefully get back into it in the new year. Considering Manchester in April, has anybody on here done it before??? Thoughts???

Manchester is supposed to be a very fast course.. it's all much of a muchness however. I don't think there's a massive difference between most flattish major-city marathons.. maybe 1-2 mins, which if you are talking world records is significant, but not if you're a midpack runner :)

Ultra-runner Ian Sharman compares the various marathon courses that he's run here:

http://sharmanian.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/international-road-marathon-comparison.html

Just gone to my first gym session since moving, in a new gym which is brilliant, overlooks the beach & has air con so it's a nice cool getaway from being in a humid newsroom all day. I've eaten and hardly exercised since moving so I've put a lot of my good work on bulking up to waste, I used to be overweight so it's really easy for me to be pulled out of shape again with a few weeks of slacking. Started a bit below my usual sets but focused more on getting my cardio and general fitness back up, lot of time on the cross trainer and a bike. On that high now that a couple of hours back at the gym gives you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back