Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll PM you a topless selfie if you're lucky.
tumblr_m1fu9akCaD1qbwjgso1_500.gif

Is working out twice a week going to help me build any muscle at all? I do a push and a pull routine which I've found online. Undoubtedly getting a tad stronger but muscles exactly the same size by the looks of things. I have a simple protein shake after each exercise sesh. Any other tips?

Should probably also mention I'm a streak of piss, if my natural body type makes a huge difference.

Is working out twice a week going to help me build any muscle at all? I do a push and a pull routine which I've found online. Undoubtedly getting a tad stronger but muscles exactly the same size by the looks of things. I have a simple protein shake after each exercise sesh. Any other tips?

Should probably also mention I'm a streak of piss, if my natural body type makes a huge difference.
Try push it to 3 days and do push, pull, legs split and get yourself planted in the squat rack you will bulk up as long as you are eating enough and if you are the streak of pish you describe, peanut butter is your friend;)

Guinness and chips mate.

Guinness and chips mate.
Legit bulking advice right there.

Not even joking, I did the same when I went back home. Loads of dark beer (or just beer) and crap food until I get some weight on my skinny bones, then proper eating and loads more exercise. Result was had.

Miss deadlifts though. :(

Legit bulking advice right there.

Not even joking, I did the same when I went back home. Loads of dark beer (or just beer) and crap food until I get some weight on my skinny bones, then proper eating and loads more exercise. Result was had.

Miss deadlifts though. :(

Yup a mate of mine joined the Royal Marines and he was dead skinny. The training staff put him on a diet of 2 pints of Guinness and a bag of chips a night to bulk him up. They said that this would also gave him the necessary iron/protein/carbs needed to undergo the grueling physical training. It worked though as he passed the course with flying colours.

I'm similar to you in that I'm naturally very skinny. It's a constant battle trying to maintain size through eating loads and going to the gym 4/5 times a week. I'd say you need to go 3/4 times for an hour a week in order to get the results you want.

Do you eat many carbs? I try to base my meals around high (but good) carbs and of course protein. I eat a lot of oats, brown pasta, brown rice, sweet potato, baked potato and quinoa. Have a look at the website musclefoods.com and check out their quinoa and the brown pasta, it's got loads more carbs in than the standard supermarket stuff. Their Meat is a great quality too, and they often have deals on.

Obviously with protein meat/fish are the best source. You'd be surprised at the protein content of other foods though. Natural/Greek yoghurt has a fair bit, cottage cheese is packed full of it, and is dirt cheap, and quinoa has a good bit in too.

Good fats are good for bulking too. Like @Tigger said peanut butter is good, as is avocado.

Someone more experienced will probably come on here and blast this post to pieces, but that's pretty much what I follow.

I'm similar to you in that I'm naturally very skinny. It's a constant battle trying to maintain size through eating loads and going to the gym 4/5 times a week. I'd say you need to go 3/4 times for an hour a week in order to get the results you want.

Do you eat many carbs? I try to base my meals around high (but good) carbs and of course protein. I eat a lot of oats, brown pasta, brown rice, sweet potato, baked potato and quinoa. Have a look at the website musclefoods.com and check out their quinoa and the brown pasta, it's got loads more carbs in than the standard supermarket stuff. Their Meat is a great quality too, and they often have deals on.

Obviously with protein meat/fish are the best source. You'd be surprised at the protein content of other foods though. Natural/Greek yoghurt has a fair bit, cottage cheese is packed full of it, and is dirt cheap, and quinoa has a good bit in too.

Good fats are good for bulking too. Like @Tigger said peanut butter is good, as is avocado.

Someone more experienced will probably come on here and blast this post to pieces, but that's pretty much what I follow.

Why do you need to get big rather than getting strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back