Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm similar to you in that I'm naturally very skinny. It's a constant battle trying to maintain size through eating loads and going to the gym 4/5 times a week. I'd say you need to go 3/4 times for an hour a week in order to get the results you want.

Do you eat many carbs? I try to base my meals around high (but good) carbs and of course protein. I eat a lot of oats, brown pasta, brown rice, sweet potato, baked potato and quinoa. Have a look at the website musclefoods.com and check out their quinoa and the brown pasta, it's got loads more carbs in than the standard supermarket stuff. Their Meat is a great quality too, and they often have deals on.

Obviously with protein meat/fish are the best source. You'd be surprised at the protein content of other foods though. Natural/Greek yoghurt has a fair bit, cottage cheese is packed full of it, and is dirt cheap, and quinoa has a good bit in too.

Good fats are good for bulking too. Like @Tigger said peanut butter is good, as is avocado.

Someone more experienced will probably come on here and blast this post to pieces, but that's pretty much what I follow.

That's helpful, cheers. I can probably manage 3 times a week at a stretch, but then I don't want to ignore cardio completely and fall behind with that. I'll check that site out for sure.

Time to act now. The five stone I lost in six months March to sept, 2 stone has gone back on since.

Lack of motivation , depression change of meds change of gym and obviously loads of eating crap again being the problem.

16 stone 7lb now . I was 14,8lb in mid September. Time to put down the burger fatty and get going again.

Been the dr's today and the anti depressant I was changed to causes weight gain and lack of energy. So back to the original stuff, hopeful I'll get the 2 stone off by mid Feb .

I think you and me discussed this earlier in the thread, but I genuinely think you are looking at this from the wrong angle.

Overall, you've lost 3 stone in the six months, if you ignore the recent upswing. That's superb. Of course things aren't about public perception (more your own health and happiness) but the only thing people will be seeing is how much you have lost.

One thing you might be suffering from is a touch of gym fatigue - I remember your fitness log was really intense. Maybe ease back into it?

Nice work for 2016 chap - hope the betting luck improves though!

I think you and me discussed this earlier in the thread, but I genuinely think you are looking at this from the wrong angle.

Overall, you've lost 3 stone in the six months, if you ignore the recent upswing. That's superb. Of course things aren't about public perception (more your own health and happiness) but the only thing people will be seeing is how much you have lost.

One thing you might be suffering from is a touch of gym fatigue - I remember your fitness log was really intense. Maybe ease back into it?

Nice work for 2016 chap - hope the betting luck improves though!
yeah you are probably right . I was going going to the extreme when I first started the weight loss for the first 6 months. Well as extreme as a 19 odd stone fat man could go lol.

It's been a stressful year in many ways so it's all probably caught up with me.

At the end of the year ive ended up with a 3 stone loss ( it was 5 but [Poor language removed] happens ) im not in as much of a rush now so I can just try and get another 3 stone off over the next 6-12 months and hopefully keep it off .

As for the betting I'll never be rich from it but the last 2-3 weeks have been ok by my standards lol. Though my form from August til December couldn't possibly be any worse .

Total Fitness Prenton.

Pick up a heavy weight. Do 2 reps. Shout. Drop it on the floor from head height. Do a little walk around and see if anyone is looking. Stare them out.

The gym with the highest bell end quota I've ever been to. Utter creatures.

Total Fitness Prenton.

Pick up a heavy weight. Do 2 reps. Shout. Drop it on the floor from head height. Do a little walk around and see if anyone is looking. Stare them out.

The gym with the highest bell end quota I've ever been to. Utter creatures.

One of my mates coaches prenton rugby and always goes on about how bad that gym is for whoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back